Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Ib extended essays

Ib extended essays

Mar/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

May 2017 Extended Essay Guidelines for Students - Princess Anne

Ib extended essays

Write my Paper for Cheap in High Quality -

autism and homework In this situation, it#39;s like any other kid! lol! You have to find his currency, whatever he loves to do, you take it away! Like a video game, music, whatever it is. Please, I had the same problem with my oldest who was not living with autism! Also, it is important to essays, set up a reward system also! It doesn#39;t have to be anything big, just something he LOVES, every friday on writes essays for you completion of his tasks during the week. Chores, grooming, homework, all should be included.

Give him a new chance everyday! Therefor, if he has a bad day, start over ib extended essays the next day. If he didn#39;t complete homework the degree science thesis night before, wake him up early to do it before school. Ib Extended. Some kids do better in the morning, because the college justice thesis are too over stimulated from the long day, at essays, night. Say that#39;s fine, but tonight you cannot do whatever it is, but you need to go to bed and hour early, and criminal degree master thesis write, you will complete it in the morning!

If he does all tasks with no problem for the week, make his rewardc extra special, than if he only complies one or two days! I have my son do his homework in the morning. When we tried at night he would get frustrated and not do it. Its kind of essays, like an overload to do it at song, night. So It#39;s ok to bribe or reward. I mean I found that works but was concerned all these years if we were making the right choice by rewarding for everything.It#39;s just at ib extended, one point we begin to wonder if we reward will our daughter go through life always expecting to be rewarded for doin obvious daily chores or work?when do we know that she realizes what she#39;s doing or not doing and song has antithesis, not doin it for the purpose of rewards but for doin what she knows is suppose to ib extended, be done? It#39;s still hard at has antithesis, 14 telling her every morning to get out of bed,go to the restroom,get dressed,make your bed,brush your hair,eat your breakfast,etc,etc,etc.

It#39;s like she#39;s a teenager but I#39;m still taking care of a kindergartner.very frustrating! Tough to ib extended essays, put up with every day wondering will it ever change.she does ok once then it goes away.makes me want to throw my arms up and give up,then I realize its not her fault. desperate mom. My child goes and hides in the bathroom claiming to be sick. Then he rushes to do it when his dad gets home only to make it sloppy. Has Antithesis. Sigh. He hates homework. what i do with my son is i give him a break for a while and ib extended, then tries to deal with his homework but we make it fun. Personally, I. Think homework is quite overrated (look up some studies on water essays the subject, it really does not assist in learning beyond the ib extended classroom all that much), I think we are in water for elephant, such a habit of giving kids homework, we are not even sure if it is helpful. Sure, reading every day has shown to be helpful, but excessive homework really doesn#39;t do much but cause stress in an already stressed out family.

Options: modification of essays, homework amount on the IEP/504 (if developing the habit of writes for you yahoo, homework is important, then giving the child a *managable* amount will give them a feeling of success and accomplishment. managable is different for each child); asking the teacher for the priority homework (what must be done, and what is less of ib extended, a priority), and/or asking to substitute alternatives (i.e., if your child has trouble writing but needs to how to resume, learn multiplication facts, ask if it is permissible to substitute worksheets of facts with flash cards or verbal answers as a substitute). I absolutely agree that homework is essays, overated. Ditto all you said about it! I plan to do the same next year when my Aspie is in college criminal justice write, 1st grade (using the 10 minutes of homework per grade guideline!). I suspect I will end up homeschooling the ib extended essays lad at college criminal justice master thesis, some point. I#39;m coming out on the other end of this as my son will graduate high school this June. Ib Extended. We had horrible battles for years over homework. What worked best for us was to focus on the long term.

When he was in elementary and middle school I had reductions in homework as part of his IEP. When homework club was available after school I signed him up. When he was able to do homework during lunch or during his time in writes yahoo, the resource room he did. i believe its all about compromise with my son. He has to make a choice between homework now or in 30 mins. Ib Extended. if he chooses the that answers later he has to do it without complaining or i wont give him the choice. It will b on my timetable. My daughter has meltdowns over homework. SHe is extremely intelligent and does great in school. Once home, she is ib extended, a different person. We finally worked out with the scarlet letter essay teacher, if she has a meltdown over homework and doesn#39;t respond to one warning then she doesn#39;t do her homework. If she does it in class, she doesn#39;t have it counted towards Friday Funday.

It has helped as well as more understanding and patience. The key usually is in getting her to understand what the problem is, working the problem is easy at that point. Homework was a nightmare with my almost 8 year old son. Then a few months ago inspiration hit and I started taking him to the library to do his homework. He feels very grown up working in his own study carol and there is nothing to distract him. It#39;s turned 3 hour screaming matches at home into 15 minutes at ib extended, the local library after school. It doesn#39;t always work but it has been a huge improvement. Letter Hook. My son is 19 now, but homework was difficult for years. I scheduled. I had daily contact with teachers.

I micromanaged and got him through it for years. However, in high school, it really began eroding our relationship because I was on him all the time. At that point, I stepped back and said, this is ib extended essays, your responsibility. Song Has Antithesis. I will help you in essays, any way I can, but only water, if you want and ask for essays, help. He#39;s very bright and college criminal justice science thesis, he finished high school with a mediocre GPA, but I don#39;t think it would#39;ve been any better had we stayed on him. Essays. It would only have hurt our relationship with him.

My 8yr old son is given all his homework tasks on Monday for the week which is fantastic as I can let him choose what he wants to do each night, and if he is having a bad night we can choose a small task or leave it until another night. He also does a 2 page project in a foolscap book once a week, but because we know what is reflection, set each week, we can plan it and discuss ideas over the weekend or early in the week so it isn#39;t such a large task for him each week. some of these comments sound just like my son! They do give alot of homework in third grade. I talked to the teacher about it and ib extended, she said that if he didn#39;t finish it then he should finish it the letter next day and turn it in. problem is, my son wants that high mark= 4 for homework on ib extended essays his report card so he stresses out song, when it#39;s morning and ib extended essays, it#39;s not done yet. That Writes For You Yahoo. But in the evening he just doesn#39;t want to do it. THis sounds just like my Aspie boyfriend, we got through high school together and now in college, it takes me hours and ib extended, hours of trying to get him to water essays, do his homework. His parents got divorced and remarried so they are very hard on him when it comes to homework. About a week ago I tried a different approach..I created a website speciffically for him. Ib Extended Essays. One that organizes his homework and is more fun and interactive than a boring homework assignment. Its kid friendly and it made him really understand the assignment better after I told him exactly what he needed to writes for you answers, do for ib extended, the week.

You can take a look at the website if you wish. Song Has Antithesis. But its something that he liked and ib extended, reallyhelped him refocus. of course, my son then complains that he won#39;t get a four on his homework. (4 being the high mark), so he decides he needs to do it. Sigh. It#39;s such a battle right now. After long battles I#39;ve figuren out a system for my 12-year old. Now I read others have come to similar conclusions. So this is how we do it; When he comes home he dumps his bag and I keep talk to water for elephant essays, a minimum. He gets a snack (being hungry agrevates any mood, especially after school overarousal). Essays. Then I set the kitchen timer and that yahoo, he gets 30 min. break in which he usually plays a videogame or asks for a backrub or bath to wind down. Then (as agreed and put in a #39;contract#39;) he goes and does his homework as he sees fit.

45min work-15min rest-45min work (using timer). We agreed he is to ask for help but rarely does. The same contract says no TV, phone or games till after diner so I now use it as leverage. Essays. If he lets me check his homework and follows my tips without complaining he can watch TV earlier. Website Writes Answers. Also we agreed that I let him find his own way till next reportcard in ib extended, 3 months time.

Good grades and water for elephant essays, no complaint from school and he keeps his freedom. Essays. Dropping grades (I can see grades on the school website) and we do it my way. Reward after a (relatively) hasstle-free week might be pizza or a movie and lots of verbaal compliments. Song Has Antithesis. It takes a lot of energy from me to ib extended, police the rules but it works well so far and is worth it! I do want to ad; before he comes home I take 15min break to center myself.

I cope beter with his behaviour when I keep my cool.

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Extended Essay Exemplars - International Baccalaureate Program at

Microsoft Office Servers 2010 FAQ/ReadMe. All known issues below are grouped by ib extended essays application. When attempting to upgrade a database to SharePoint 2010 by doing a database attach process, if the source web application was Windows Auth and the destination is Claims enabled Windows Auth, upgrade can fail. This issue occurs because the upgrade process is not able to add a windows claims format identity with Full Control as a web application policy for the person performing upgrade. The mitigation for this is either to upgrade the database by attaching to a legacy Windows Auth web application first to initiate upgrade and then migrating to Claims enabled Windows Auth after upgrade is complete, or to how to resume include a “Full Control” web application level policy for the windows claims format for the user doing the database attach upgrade process. Performing a farm upgrade using the essays SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard (PSConfigUI.exe) can result in an error. The error message might have the following information: [psconfigui] [SPUpgradeSession] [ERROR] [2/5/2010 1:22:32 PM]: This upgrade session has been stopped. For Elephant! Possible causes include the process being terminated abruptly or the OS has rebooted.

Please restart the ib extended essays upgrade again. Attempting to restart upgrade may fail with no entries written to the upgrade logs. This issue can occur if the song has antithesis service account used to run the timer service has expired or is otherwise invalid which prevents the timer service from starting during upgrade. Attempting to restart an upgrade while a server is in this state will prevent upgrade from succeeding. To solve this issue, you need to update the farm and local machine settings for the timer service with updated password information for the farm account using the following command: stsadm.exe -o updatefarmcredentials. Once this has been completed successfully, and ib extended the timer service has started, you should be able to resume upgrade by restarting SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard (PSConfigUI.exe). When selecting a Reporting Service report file (.rdl), and right clicking to display the context menu, the reporting services specific icons are missing. The SQL Reporting Services add-in creates new directories and files under the %programfiles%Common FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions12Templateimages directory. After an in-place upgrade these files and directories are copied to how to resume matching locations under the ib extended essays %programfiles%Common FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions14 directory, but they have the wrong ACLs on the directories and song has antithesis files which prevents reporting services from displaying its own icons correctly. To prevent this issue you can upgrade the reporting service web parts to the SQL 2008 R2 version before upgrading to the SharePoint 2010 products, which will prevent the ACL issues that occur during upgrade if using earlier versions of the reporting services web parts. Alternately, if after upgrading to SharePoint 2010 products, you encounter this issue, you can change the ACLs on the added directories to allow the icons to be displayed.

In this case you will have to update the directory ACLs on the server to include read permissions for the Users group on the following directories: The above re-ACLing process may also be required if the SQL 2008 R2 version reporting services components are installed or upgraded after installation or upgrade of SharePoint 2010 products on the server. Microsoft Office 2010 documents may lay out differently on essays, Windows Vista and Windows 2008 Server compared to website for you yahoo Windows XP and Windows 7. Microsoft Office 2010 includes the latest version of ib extended several fonts also available in Windows 7. However, Office 2010 cannot install these fonts on Windows Vista or Windows 2008 Server because they are system protected on how to resume, these operating systems. As a result, Office 2010 documents may lay out differently on ib extended essays, e.g., Windows 7 and Windows Vista. This issue is fixed in an update for Windows Vista and for Windows Server 2008. This update removes the system file protection of some font files. Important: Users who have already installed Office 2010 on Windows Vista and Windows 2008 Server, and willing to get the latest version of the fonts, must first uninstall Office 2010, and then install the Windows update prior to re-installing Office 2010. To install this update, follow the website that writes yahoo instructions in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980248. FAST Search Server configuration fails on ib extended essays, Italian Win2k8 SP2 X64.

Post Setup Configuration fails with this error: Exception - : Exception - Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Installer.Mahasen.Common.Exception.DeploymentException: XML Validation error: L'attributo 'modifiedTime' non e valido. Il valore '2010-04-16T14.35.48Z' non e valido per essays, il tipo di dati 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:dateTime' - La stringa 2010-04-16T14.35.48Z non e un valore XsdDateTime valido. in Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Installer.Mahasen.Common.SystemModel.SearchInstallation..ctor(String deploymentXML) Translated into English: Exception -: Exception - Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Installer.Mahasen.Common.Exception.DeploymentException: XML Validation Error: The attribute 'modifiedTime' is invalid. The value '2010-04-16T14 .35.48 Z 'is invalid for ib extended essays, data type' http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:dateTime '- The string 2010-04-16T14.35.48Z XsdDateTime is not a valid value. in Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Installer.Mahasen.Common.SystemModel.SearchInstallation .. ctor (String deploymentXML) Best workaround is to for elephant essays install Win2k8 R2 instead of Win2k8 SP2. Alternative workaround is to delete the essays file: C:FASTSearchetcdeployment.xsd. If that file is not found, schema validation will not take place. FAST Search Center Setup:

Replacing the default FASTSearch certificate with a new certificate using the provided script: ReplaceDefaultCertificate.ps1 fails on song, Japanese OS. Make a backup of the file. Replace the wrong -eq with a new -eq and ib extended save. Note: : This is not recommended in production environments as modifying this file breaks future patching of it. Song! It cannot be replaced by a patch later. Text is too small in ib extended essays some menus and dialog boxes in for elephant the Hindi version of Office 2010 on Windows 7:

In Windows 7 the Mangal font used for Hindi and other Devanagari-based languages was updated to version 5.90 to ib extended improve the level of detail in for elephant individual characters. A side-effect of essays this update was to produce smaller text. This made text displayed using the Mangal font difficult to read in critical reflection menus and dialogs, like in ib extended essays the Hindi version of Office 2010. Search Service Application (SSA) needs to college criminal degree justice master be present and ib extended essays Search Content needs to have been crawled in college degree justice thesis order to essays make Web Analytics Web Part to work properly. Both of Web Analytics Web Part's data type relies on functioning Search Service Application : data type Content needs to has antithesis call Security Trimming provided by Search. data type Queries uses data gathered during user search activities. If the Web Part shows No Result to Show it might because of the absence of Search Service Application. If the ib extended Web Part shows Error occurred while retrieving data, it might because content crawling has not been done.

Do some basic search queries on the Site to see whether Search is working at college criminal science thesis write all, then check ULS log for more information in those situations. If SSA is absent, go to Central Admin - Manage Service Applications , or use Farm Configuration Wizard to create one. If SSA is present but crawling is not done, go to Manage Service Applications then manage the SSA (highlight the SSA then click Manage button on the Ribbon). Ib Extended Essays! See if Crawl History contains anything (history or errors). How To Resume! Click Content Sources link on the Left-Nav panel under Crawling section then navigate to the Manage Content Sources page. By default there should be Local SharePoint sites listed (or other content sources). Ib Extended Essays! Click the content source's name, from the dropdown list choose Start Full Crawling then wait for the crawling to be done.

After any of the fixes mentioned above, perform an IISReset to water for elephant essays clear Web Analytics Web Part's cache and let it to retrieve data again. No issues at this time. No issues at this time. No issues at this time. SharePoint dictionary is installed only in the latest IME. When user installs Office 2007 IME and ib extended essays Office 2010 IME, and installs the SharePoint dictionary, the installed dictionary is only registered in the Office 2010 IME. No issues at degree justice master science thesis this time. The Locale I've set for my document library English. When I use the WAC Word editor to ib extended create text with a previously unused built-in style such as Heading 4 the how to resume style definition is the same as English.

Before editing any documents that are language-specific. Set the locale for the site. Close your browser. No issues at this time. Upgrading: After upgrading from a prerelease version of ib extended essays PerformancePoint Services to the released version, the sample Excel Services workbook that is located in the Business Intelligence Center no longer works. Answer: When upgrading from a prerelease version to the RTM version of PerformancePoint Services, you must replace any sample workbooks that are available in the Business Intelligence Center. You can either download an updated workbook or you can create a new Business Intelligence Center site. Setup: Do I need to install any SQL Server redistributables with PerformancePoint Services Beta 2? Answer: If you intend to connect to Analysis Services data sources (that is, you are choosing the Advanced installation option), you must install the December 2008 Feature Pack for song, Microsoft SQL Server 2005. This feature pack includes two required components: ADOMD.NET and Management Objects Collection (XMO). To download this feature pack, visit: Feature Pack for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - December 2008 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=157389).

Setup: When you upgrade from Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 to Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, the names of some kinds of Web Parts might not be updated. Key Performance Indicators that were created by using SharePoint Server 2007 are now called Status Indicators in essays SharePoint Server 2010. and KPI Details that were created by website writes essays for you answers using SharePoint Server 2007 are now called Indicator Details in ib extended essays SharePoint Server 2010. Scarlet Letter Essay! KPIs and ib extended KPI Details reports are now created by using PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer. Setup: As a SharePoint site administrator, what do I need to essays know if I am creating a new Report Center site with PerformancePoint Services Beta 2 after upgrading with the DB-attach method? Answer: Before going live, edit the ONet.XML file that corresponds to the Report Center Site Template to ib extended essays force the critical site to use the new master page. This will ensure that, when your users create new Report Center sites, the sites will use the ib extended essays new master page. Setup: When Dashboard Designer is water essays, opened, associated SharePoint lists, such as PerformancePoint Content and Data Connections, might not load automatically. This can occur because of how certain security settings are configured in SharePoint Server. In particular, this can occur when security settings are configured such that the FQDN InternetSecurityManager.MapUrlToZone returns the Web site address (URL) as an ib extended essays, Internet URL. Valid MapZoneToUrl return values include Local, Intranet, Trusted, Internet, or Restricted; however, when Internet is selected, the necessary SharePoint lists will not load. This can also occur when the IP address is used in song place of the URL.

Workaround: Do one of the following: Specify the correct SharePoint Server URL. To do this, click the ib extended Backstage button, and then click Designer Options . Click the Server tab, and then specify the URL for SharePoint Server. Then click OK . Add the FQDN and IP address as trusted sites. Setup: Users cannot find Dashboard Designer on their Start menu. Previous versions of PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer are not automatically removed from the Start menu when you upgrade to PerformancePoint Services in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Workaround: Use the following procedure: Locate an old version of Dashboard Designer on the Start menu. Browse to song one or both of the following locations: Click Start Programs (or All Programs ) Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 Dashboard Designer . Click Start Programs (or All Programs ) PerformancePoint Services for SharePoint Dashboard Designer . Right-click on Dashboard Designer , and then click Delete . Install and ib extended launch the latest version of Dashboard Designer.

Setup: When you upgrade to Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, status indicators that are displayed in a KPI Web Part might not display leaf members correctly. This can occur with KPI Web Parts that have multiple columns and college science thesis write that were created by using Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. Workaround: Remove the multiple columns from the KPI Web Part, and then add them back to the report. The leaf members should then display correctly. Setup: If you are upgrading from a Beta version to ib extended essays the RTM version of PerformancePoint Services 2010, you may need to manually configure the web.config file to enable the creation of list items. When you upgrade from critical essays, a Beta version of PerformancePoint Services to the RTM version, the section that contains the list item components is removed. Thus, any attempt to create a new list item will be unsuccessful. Workaround: To restore the deleted section, edit the web.config file as follows:

Within the configsections tags, insert the following code: Just in front of the configuration closing tag (/configuration), insert the essays following: add key=DashboardSPDao value=Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Store.Dao.DashboardSPDao, Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Store, add key=DataSourceSPDao value=Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Store.Dao.DataSourceSPDao, Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Store, Version=14.0.0.0, add key=FilterSPDao value=Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Store.Dao.FilterSPDao, Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Store, Version=14.0.0.0, add key=IndicatorSPDao value=Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Store.Dao.IndicatorSPDao, Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Store, Version=14.0.0.0, add key=KpiSPDao value=Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Store.Dao.KpiSPDao, Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Store, Version=14.0.0.0, add key=ReportViewSPDao value=Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Store.Dao.ReportViewSPDao, Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Store, Version=14.0.0.0, add key=ScorecardSPDao value=Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Store.Dao.ScorecardSPDao, Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Store, Version=14.0.0.0, Note: Any list items that you attempted to create in the upgraded product will be included in this Bpm section. Data Sources: PerformancePoint Services 2010 does not support SAP BW connectivity. Data Sources: If your data includes ISBN identifiers, in which the water first number is ib extended, typically a zero, the zero is dropped from the ISBN ID.

Workaround: Replace the how to resume initial zero in ISBN IDs with an ib extended, alphabetic character. Data Sources: Why do I get an error message when I attempt to delete a service application? If you attempt to how to resume delete a service application that still uses a dependent proxy, you will receive an error message. Workaround: Delete the service application proxy first, and then delete the service application. Ib Extended Essays! To delete either item, select it and for elephant essays then, from the ribbon, delete it. Data Sources: Why am I unable to create or edit an Excel 2007 workbook data source in PerformancePoint Services? Answer: If you are running Excel 2007 on a 64-bit operating system, you will not be able to create or edit workbook data sources. Only the following environments are supported for this feature: 32-bit OS: Office 2007 Office 14. 64-bit OS: Office 14 (x64)

Data sources: If you receive an error message while attempting to use an Excel Web Applications workbook as a data source, it is likely that you have installed a Click-to-Run version of essays Excel. For Elephant Essays! The error message indicates that Excel is not installed. Microsoft Excel Web App workbooks that use the Click2Run (virtualized) version of Office 2010 cannot be used as a data source within PerformancePoint Services. Workaround: Use the regular (retail) version of essays Excel 2010. Data sources: If you create an analytic report that uses PowerPivot as a data source and then attempt to deploy the report in a dashboard, you may be prompted for user credentials and receive an error message. To use PowerPivot as a data source for a PerformancePoint Services analytic report, you must first install a Windows hotfix (see: KB article: 975954). Data Sources: Scorecards that use a tabular data source that has been configured to how to resume use Time Intelligence can display inaccurate information, depending on ib extended essays, which time zone is specified in SharePoint Server. When you create a tabular data source, such as a SharePoint Custom List, and you use the Date-Time column, the water for elephant values that you add to the list are stored in ib extended essays the UTC time zone by default. This occurs even if you are in a different time zone. However, when you configure that data source to has antithesis work with Time Intelligence, all input values must use the UTC time zone. Otherwise, incorrect information can be displayed in scorecards that use that data source.

Workaround: Make sure that all tabular data sources that include date-time values use the UTC time zone. Data Sources: Using Dashboard Designer, when you reopen a KPI, its data source is not displayed in essays the Details pane. When you reopen one or more KPIs in your workspace in PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer, the data sources used by those KPIs are not automatically opened in the workspace. Workaround: Locate the data sources that are used by scarlet letter the KPIs and ib extended essays double-click each one to open it in the workspace. Critical Reflection Essays! Then, in the Details pane, use the essays Data Source list to select the appropriate data source for each KPI. Data Sources: When you create scorecards or analytic charts or grids that use data stored in PowerPivot for song, Excel 2010, you cannot use Named Sets. Named Sets that are created by using PowerPivot for essays, Excel 2010 are available only in the Excel file in criminal degree justice science thesis which they were created. Data Sources: Dashboard users cannot use Drill Down, Drill Up, or Show Details in a scorecard or an analytic chart or grid that use data stored in PowerPivot for Excel 2010. This can occur because user hierarchies are not supported in PowerPivot for Excel 2010. Data Sources: You cannot import KPIs that are created by using PowerPivot for Excel 2010 as Status Indicators in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. You can create KPIs by using PowerPivot for Excel 2010, but you cannot save those KPIs in the data cube.

Data Sources: Member properties are not available in analytic reports and scorecards that use PowerPivot for Excel 2010 as a data source. PowerPivot for Excel 2010 does not expose member properties within the data cube. Data Sources: Certain analytic reports and scorecards do not display numeric formatting that is ib extended essays, applied in the data cube. This occurs with scorecards, analytic charts, and analytic grids that use data from PowerPivot for Excel 2010. Formatting that is applied to measure values does not carry over to PerformancePoint reports and scorecards. Data Sources: When you attempt to display an image in a grid view, the how to resume hardcoded URL displays, but not the actual image. PerformancePoint Services cannot display images that are linked with hardcoded URLs to product dimension attributes.

Workaround: Use SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to essays create a report, and then link that report in for elephant essays PerformancePoint Services dashboards as a SSRS report. Data Sources: The background color of a shape in a strategy map does not update as performance changes for a KPI. This can occur when the essays scorecard KPI uses Time Intelligence. Data Sources: Error messages display in scorecard cells instead of numeric values. These errors can occur in scorecards that use calculated members, such as those that use a Time Intelligence formula, a dimension filter, or a calculated measure in a data cube. The errors can also occur because the default aggregation setting for the KPI measures is set to how to resume Aggregate . Workaround: Do one of the following: Do not use calculated cube measures in essays your scorecard. Writes Essays For You Yahoo Answers! Instead, select another measure by using the Dimensional Data Source Mapping dialog box. To do this, use the following procedure:

In the Workspace Browser , double-click the KPI that uses the calculated cube measure. Then, in Actual row, locate the essays Data Mappings column, and degree master science write double-click the hypertext in the cell. The Dimensional Data Source Mapping dialog box opens. In the ib extended Select a Measure section, use the scarlet letter hook drop-down list to ib extended select a measure. Click OK to college write close the ib extended essays Dimensional Data Source Mapping dialog box.

Then, in the Workspace Browser , right-click the KPI that you just modified and then click Save . In the Workspace Browser, double-click the scorecard that contains the KPI that you just modified. Water For Elephant Essays! In the essays ribbon, click the Edit tab, and then click Update . The scorecard should render correctly. In the degree justice master science Workspace Browser , right-click the scorecard that you just modified, and ib extended essays then click Save . Configure the aggregation for KPI Measures by for you yahoo using the ib extended essays Dimensional Data Source Mapping dialog box. To do this, use the reflection following procedure: In the Workspace Browser , double-click the KPI that uses the calculated cube measure. Ib Extended! Then, in water Actual row, locate the Data Mappings column, and ib extended double-click the hypertext in the cell. The Dimensional Data Source Mapping dialog box opens. In the Aggregate Members By section, use the drop-down list and select one of the following options: Sum , Minimum , Maximum , Count , or Average . Click OK to scarlet close the ib extended Dimensional Data Source Mapping dialog box. Then, in reflection essays the Workspace Browser , right-click the KPI that you just modified and then click Save . In the Workspace Browser , double-click the scorecard that contains the KPI that you just modified.

In the ib extended ribbon, click the Edit tab, and then click Update . The scorecard should render correctly. In the Workspace Browser , right-click the scorecard that you just modified, and then click Save . Data Sources: If you receive an Unexpected Error message when attempting to select a data source from the list in Dashboard Designer, you may have encountered a known backwards-compatibility issue. Workaround: To connect to that for you an Excel Services 2007 workbook in Dashboard Designer, you must manually enter the item name. Essays! The older-version workbook will not automatically appear on the drop-down list of data sources. PerformancePoint Reports and Scorecards. Reports: On occasion, all the reports and scorecards in how to resume a PerformancePoint dashboard might not render correctly and ib extended essays display an Access Denied error message. This can occur because of a database failover issue.

Workaround: You can refresh the browser window or open the dashboard in has antithesis a new browser window. Reports: My PerformancePoint Web Page report does not display properly. This can occur when the Web site address (URL) that is used for the Web Page report exceeds 2048 characters, which is the essays limit for some browsers. See:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q208427/. Workaround: Contact your IT Administrator to verify the permissible length of a URL.

If necessary, use a shorter URL. Scorecards: Scorecard aggregations that include empty cells, do not display the expected results. That is, the has antithesis empty cells are not shown as having a zero value. Scorecards: Some columns in a scorecard appear to be too wide or contain numeric values that overlap indicators. This can occur when an indicator is displayed in a browser (including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari) for ib extended, the first time.

Workaround: First, refresh the dashboard page. Scarlet Letter Essay! The scorecard should render correctly. If it does not, redeploy the essays dashboard. Scorecards: When users expand dimension members in a PerformancePoint scorecard that is connected to song an analytic chart or grid, an error message occurs. This can occur when the connection is made by using edit mode in essays a SharePoint site or by using SharePoint Designer. Workaround: Do one of the following:

Refresh the dashboard page. Delete the degree science thesis write connection between the scorecard and the analytic chart or grid. Then, recreate the connection by essays using PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer. Scorecards: When you upgrade from Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 SP3 to PerformancePoint Services in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, scorecards might display blank or inaccurate indicators. This can occur because of changes in college degree justice master thesis write how KPI scores are calculated. Workaround: Using PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer, open and ib extended modify the banding settings for the KPIs that are used in song has antithesis scorecards. Then save your changes to ib extended essays SharePoint Server, and redeploy your dashboards. Scorecards: When users add an annotation to an objective KPI that is used more than once in a PerformancePoint scorecard, that annotation is scarlet essay, displayed in every occurrence of the objective KPI. This can occur even if different dimension members are listed under the KPIs in ib extended the scorecard. This is because KPIs are uniquely identified by their name, and not by the scorecard cells in that writes yahoo answers which they appear. Workaround: Use a unique name for each objective KPI in ib extended the scorecard.

Scorecards: When you have a scorecard open in Dashboard Designer and you attempt to add a comment to a scorecard cell, an unknown error message displays. The error message can occur because Enable comments is not selected in Central Administration settings for PerformancePoint Services. Scorecards: When I add a comment to a scorecard cell, the comment author is identified as i:Anonymous first time only. That For You Yahoo! Why am I (my user account) not identified as the essays author? If you have privileges in PerformancePoint Services, but are just not logged into SharePoint, PerformancePoint Services automatically authenticates you based on your Windows credentials when authoring comments in a scorecard. This issue occurs when the Anonymous Users account has been given access to the SharePoint site. Note: This automatic authentication only affects comment authoring in the scorecard. Workaround: Refresh the scarlet letter hook page. Reports: If you encounter an error message while attempting to create a strategy map report in Dashboard Designer, you may not have the correct version of Microsoft Visio installed. You must have the version of Visio installed that is compatible with PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer. If you are using the 64-bit edition of ib extended essays Dashboard Designer, then you must install the critical 64-bit edition of Microsoft Visio 2010.

If you are using the 32-bit edition of Dashboard Designer, then you must install the 32-bit edition of ib extended either Microsoft Office Visio 2007 or Microsoft Visio 2010. Reports: When users try to water change the analytic grid to essays another report type, an error occurs. This can occur when issues on the server prevent the degree justice write SharePoint Server prerequisite installer from including the essays Microsoft Chart Controls for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. Reports: The background color of a shape in a strategy map does not update as performance changes for a KPI. The Strategy Map requires that time intelligence (TI) be displayed on rows; if TI is placed on columns, it will not display properly. Reports: An exception error occurs in website that for you the Decomposition tree when attempting to analyze non-cube data (data that is ib extended essays, not in a SQL Server Analysis Services multi-dimensional database). Decomposition tree can only be used with Analysis Services data sources. It cannot be used with data that is website that for you answers, pulled from the following:

Excel Services, Import from Excel Workbook, SharePoint List, SQL Server Table, or other custom data sources. The error occurs if the actual or target calculation for a KPI is set to ib extended Data value. Workaround: Do not set calculation type to Data value for criminal justice science thesis, non-Analysis Services data sources. PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer. Dashboard Designer: Dashboard Designer does not launch from the Business Intelligence Center when using the Safari browser. We recommend that you use Internet Explorer to launch Dashboard Designer for the first time. After that, you can launch Dashboard Designer by using the Start menu (Click Start All Programs SharePoint PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer ). Dashboard Designer: On Windows 7 (64-bit): When you attempt to enlarge the display of an analytic report by resizing Dashboard Designer, the essays resized report renders poorly. Workaround: Minimize and then restore the Dashboard Designer window after resizing. Dashboard Designer: In Dashboard Designer, when you reopen a KPI, data source for how to resume, the KPI is not displayed in ib extended the Details pane. When you reopen one or more KPIs in your workspace in PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer, the data sources used by those KPIs are not automatically opened in water the workspace.

Workaround: Locate the data sources that are used by the KPIs and double-click each one to open it in the workspace. Then, in essays the Details pane, use the Data Source list to select the appropriate data source for each KPI. Dashboard Designer: An Unhandled Exception (error code 20604) occurs in the Decomposition Tree after selecting Pivot and then Decomposition Tree. This error occurs if you pivot a report with time-intelligence calculated members and then attempt to analyze the data in the Decomposition Tree. The pivot causes the calculated members to be placed on rows rather than on columns where they can be validated. Workaround: Do not pivot a report that includes time-intelligence calculated members as these members must remain on columns. Dashboard Designer: An error may occur when you click Import Items button in Dashboard Designer. That Writes For You Yahoo Answers! The error message Cannot publish Read Only element.

This error will occur when the user who saves the workspace file does not have permission to edit one or more of the SharePoint items. Workaround: In the workspace file, search for all of the ReadOnly attributes using the following string: ReadOnly= . Change any that have their value set as true to ib extended essays false. After saving these changes to the workspace file, you will be able to successfully import the items as expected. Dashboard Designer: When you attempt to run and install PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer for the first time using Mozilla Firefox, you might get an error message. The error message indicates that you cannot download the reflection application, and ib extended that the application is missing required files. How To Resume! This can occur if Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.1 is not installed on your computer. Workaround: Install the Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.1. Dashboard Designer: When you open an analytic chart or grid for ib extended essays, editing in PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer, its data source is not automatically available. Criminal Degree Justice Master Science Write! The dashboard item appears to open, but no data source is displayed in the Details pane. In addition, you cannot expand Measures, Dimensions, Named Sets, or other items in the Details pane.

This behavior can occur when the data source that is used by the dashboard item is ib extended, saved in a different SharePoint site or level within a site collection. Workaround: Manually load the data source by opening it in water for elephant essays Dashboard Designer. The data source will display and connect properly if the data source and the analytic chart or grid is in the same workspace. Dashboard Designer: On rare occasions, a non-English (translated) version of essays Dashboard Designer will display English text in some dialogs. Workaround: To resolve this issue, restart Dashboard Designer. Dashboard Designer: How do I prevent nested (extra) scrollbars from displaying in my published report? This issue occurs in song has antithesis reports that connect to ib extended data in an Excel Services report. When you attempt to that writes essays for you open this type of report in SharePoint, a dialog displays the following: Do you want to enable queries to external data in this workbook? When you click Yes to close the dialog, the report displays with an extra set of scrollbars. Workarounds: There are three workarounds for resolving this issue.

The first workaround applies to any time the extra scrollbars appear. In Dashboard Designer, apply the Auto-size property to the report. Configure Excel Services to prevent the dialog from essays, displaying when the report is college criminal degree master science, opened. Build your dashboard in SharePoint Designer rather than in essays the Dashboard Designer, and essays use the essays native Excel Services Web Part rather than the essays PPS Excel Services Web Part. Dashboard Designer: An error message occurs when Dashboard Designer users attempt to put dimension members in the background of an analytic chart or grid. The error message indicates that there was an error running the data source query. The error message can occur when a Dashboard Designer user puts a dimension in the Background section of an analytic chart or grid, selects the All option in the list of ib extended essays members, and then selects one or more individual members. No issues at this time. Profile Synchronization is not supported in standalone installs. Use Complete install and run the farm configuration wizard for similar experience.

Connection to an AD or LDAP source can't be created. In order to do incremental sync with AD, the connecting account (specified during connection creation) must have DirSync privileges in water essays AD. These privileges don't allow writing into AD but permit the essays account to scarlet letter essay request/perform incremental queries, allowing the incremental sync to run efficiently. Similar permissions (to read the changelog) are required for supported LDAP servers, when changelog can be setup for essays, the LDAP server. New OUs added to AD/LDAP are automatically selected without any notification. A SharePoint admin has created a connection, say with OU1 and OU2 selected. Additional OUs are added in AD/LDAP by the AD/LDAP admin, for example, because of essays some reconfiguration or acquisition scenario. SharePoint admin edits the connection for some reason, expands the container tree and clicks OK.

The new OUs added to AD/LDAP are automatically selected without any notification. Subsequent imports bring in users/groups in these OUs. Always double-check the OUs that are selected. Ib Extended Essays! If users/groups do come in and shouldn't have been imported, either deselect the reflection OU and/or delete them by using the central admin user profile management UX. Setting up a connection can be complex or slow. Set up AD Connection. Go to the UPA management page: Central admin Site - Application Management - Manage Service Applications , and choose the UPA , and click Manage . In the UPA management, choose Configure Synchronization Connections to go to connection management page. Click Create a New Connection to go to ib extended connection editing page. To import profiles from critical essays, AD, choose Connection Type Active Directory . Fill the connection information. Click OK (Be patient as it may take a little bit time)

If the essays connection is created successfully, the page is redirected to the connection management page and the connection is listed in the connection management page. (Optional) You can set exclusion filter for the connection so as to exclude certain users/groups from being imported to MOSS. In the college criminal degree master thesis Connection Management page, choose the connection you want to ib extended essays set exclusion filter, right click Edit Connection Filter . All property mappings are strongly typed. For example, an AD property of string type cannot be mapped to an attribute of type int in the profile store. Delete the property and recreate it with the same name and the right type.

This will result in data loss for critical reflection, upgrade scenario but this data can be recovered if the property is remapped to the source (e.g. AD) and ib extended essays a sync is run. Since we didn't allow export in previous versions, data being mapped should be available in this external store. Export and safe-keep the encryption key needed for any move or backup/restore scenarios. Without these keys, you'd have to critical reflection re-provision and rerun full sync.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Export the sync encryption key and save it in a safe place. Along with saving the key in a safe place, you can also import it on all machines in the farm. Ib Extended! This simply adds information to for elephant the registry of these machines, in case you were to move the service to this machine. If re-starting profile synchronization on ib extended, the same machine, the export/import encryption key step is not needed. Save FIM encryption key. in the machine where the profile sync service is essay hook, running, go to the folder: %program files%Microsoft Office Servers14.0Synchronization Servicebin, and run the following command to export the ib extended essays encryption key to how to resume a file: miiskmu.exe /e [filename] /u:[domainuser] [password] where.

/e – File to save the ib extended exported keys. /u – the service account that has the keys. Stop Profile Synchronization service. Water Essays! Stop the profile synchronization service on essays, the machine where it is running: in Central Admin Site - Manage Services on Server, choose the machine and click to has antithesis stop the profile synchronization service. Wait till profile synchronization service being stopped. Start Profile Synchronization service. Then in the same service management page, choose another machine, and then click to start the profile synchronization service. Note: The profile synchronization service is kept in the status Starting. Checking the Windows EventLog, you may find the error message from ib extended, FIM synchronization service that is indicating certain encryption key missing.

Import FIM encryption key. Log in to water essays the machine where the ib extended essays profile synchronization service is to run, go to the folder %program files%Microsoft Office Servers14.0Synchronization Servicebin, run the college degree justice thesis following command using the account which is specified in exporting encryption key to import the encryption key: miiskmu.exe /I [filename] /i – Filename which was exported in step 1. (Optional). To check that the encryption key is imported correctly, run the following command to. Wait till the profile synchronization service is started on the new machine. User Profile Synchronization service doesn't obey the failover parameters. The User Profile Synchronization service relies on the synchronization components from the Forefront Identity Manager (FIM, previously known as MIIS). Ib Extended! These components utilize encryption and failover mechanisms which can be utilized per the article below. If faced with a situation wherever failover server was not prepped in advance for how to resume, synchronization service, a new db can be attached to ib extended the service and the sync service will resynchronize with the source. Since the sync service db is how to resume, used as a staging for ib extended essays, data whose source is either in SharePoint or another Directory source, while it's time consuming, the re-sync process shouldn't result in data loss. MIISactivate: Server Activation Tool. Activates a standby server running Microsoft® Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) 2010, making it the primary server running FIM.

miisactivate [FileName] [UserName ] [/q] Specifies the file name, including the critical reflection path, of the ib extended essays encryption key file. Specifies the Forefront Identity Manager Service credentials. MIISactivate supports the following formats: Password for the Forefront Identity Manager Service.

Specify * to be prompted for password. Runs in quiet mode, with no dialog boxes. Displays help at the command prompt. If password synchronization is enabled, you must run pcnscfg.exe, the password change notification configuration utility, before you activate the standby server. The password change notification service must be directed to how to resume the standby server before password synchronization can resume. MIISactivate.exe is located in the InstallationDirectoryBin folder.

Local Administrator privileges are required to run MIISactivate.exe. If you receive the error message Exception: 0x80230443 when running MIISactivate.exe, this indicates a schema mismatch. Essays! This can occur when a service pack has been applied to essays the primary server, but not to the warm standby server. You should update the warm standby server with the same service pack used to update the primary server, and then run MIISactivate.exe again. If you activate a standby server and are unable to open Synchronization Service Manager, it may be because the ib extended FIMSyncAdmin groups were created as local groups instead of domain groups. You will need to create the new domain group, re-run FIM setup in repair mode and specify the new domain group. To activate a backup server running FIM and make it the primary server running FIM, type: miisactivate miis_keys.bin FIMAdmin * If a reference attribute, such as an employee's manager exists across domains and different connections are created for scarlet essay hook, the employee and manager domains, the reference attribute is not resolved. This applies to any reference attribute (e.g.

Person - colleague, manager or a custom Person attribute) It's highly recommended, that regardless of this issue, you create one connection per directory service forest. This allows synchronization service to ib extended essays resolve all references within the critical reflection essays same forest. A synchronization run is stopping due to a large number of errors. Certain synchronization activities result in the creation of temporary error conditions that are eventually resolved once the synchronization has had the opportunity finish running. In environments where extremely large numbers of objects are being processed the number of these errors may exceed the ib extended essays default error limit of 5000 causing the synchronization process to terminate before it has finished processing all objects. Increase the error limit to a sufficient value so that synchronization can finish processing all objects before the criminal thesis error limit is reached. Given the ib extended opportunity to finish, the critical reflection essays synchronization process will eventually resolve the temporary error conditions. The error limit is configured by adding the ErrorLimit (REG_DWORD) entry to the following registry subkey: The value is an integer in the range of 0-100000.

Value set to 0 = Error limit set to 100000. Value in the range of 1-99999 = Error limit set to value. Value set to ib extended essays 100000 = Error limit set to 100000. Value set greater than 100000 = Error limit set to website that answers 100000. No key present = Default error limit set to 5000. The FIMSynchronizationService service must be restarted after modifying this registry key. There is no interface for pausing or resuming the ib extended essays user profile synchronization process. User Profile Synchronization is a complex state machine and pausing/resuming it completely can have adverse impact and can result in complete restart of the synchronization process.

In order to accomplish the end-objective of pause/resume, which is scarlet, normally needed to ib extended slow-down the resource consumption by the service during peak hours, administrator can set the following registry keys on the machine where user profile synchronization service is running. This key specifies the degree master science thesis write number of objects per second that should serve as an upper bound of any Import run profile executed on the server. During an import run, the ib extended number of objects per second measured by the “Objects Read /sec” performance counter must remain below the value set in website that essays yahoo answers MaxObjectImportRate. The domain for this value is ib extended essays, 1 to Max(Int32). A value of 0, or the absence of the key will be treated as having no maximum value defined.

This key specifies the number of has antithesis objects per second that should serve as an upper bound of any Synchronization run profile executed on essays, the server. During a synchronization run, the number of objects per second measured by how to resume the “Objects Synchronized / sec” performance counter must remain below the value set in MaxObjectSynchronizationRate. The domain for this value is ib extended, 1 to Max(Int32). A value of 0, or the absence of the how to resume key will be treated as having no maximum value defined. This key specifies the number of essays objects per critical, second that should serve as an upper bound of any Export run profile executed on ib extended essays, the server. During an export run, the number of objects per song, second measured by the “Objects Exported / sec” performance counter must remain below the value set in MaxObjectExportedRate. The domain for this value is 1 to essays Max(Int32). A value of 0, or the absence of the key will be treated as having no maximum value defined.

Running incremental sync doesn't bring in values for properties that were mapped after the last full sync was run. For a configuration change, such as a new mapping of properties, data will not flow for existing records, unless a full sync is performed. Perform full sync. Different language version of OOB workflows is critical reflection essays, not available even after installing LPK in sub site. (A user installed ENG MOSS 2010 and created a site collection. And then installed JPN LPK to use JPN OOB workflows but they are not available in the newly created site collection.) [Detail]If the root site of the site collection was created before installation of the LPK, and ib extended essays the other-language sub-site is critical, created after installation of the LPK, then the OOB workflow feature of the essays LPK language will not be available in the sub-site (and will not be shown in the list of available workflows). For example, if a user installs ENG SharePoint Server, creates an scarlet hook, ENG site collection, and then installs the JPN LPK and creates a JPN sub-site, he/she cannot see the JPN OOB workflow until he/she re-activates the “Workflows” feature via the Site Collection Settings page. Conversely, if an ENG site collection is created after the JPN LPK is installed, the JPN OOB workflow will be available. Technically we move workflow files to essays under _catalog folder at feature activation time. So, to use newly installed OOB workflow feature users need to deactivate and activate Workflows feature in Site Settings | Site Collection Settings page. General SQL Perf tuning tips.

Disk Configuration, RAID array with multiple spindles - OS, Database DB log files on separate volumes. Gig network between services and SQL box. Enable named piper if services running on same box as SQL. Mark CPUs for I/O affinity. Boost SQL Priority. Due date in workflow start notification email is shown as Due by 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM when we start OOB workflows without setting due date. This is confusing and annoying because we don't want to see due date if we didn't set it when we start workflows. For Elephant Essays! And workflow task also has same issue. Ib Extended! New task notification email also shows Due by how to resume 1/1/0001 when we didn't set due date when we start workflows.

Due to late change in SPD side (#3708517) some If statement always evaluate condition to ib extended FALSE so we always show incorrect due date. There are a couple of ways we can do for fixing this problem using SPD as following: (we will take OOB Approval - SharePoint 2010 workflow for water for elephant, an example) Manually modifying rule file. Open SPD and essays navigate to Site Objects All Files _catalogs wfpub Approval - SharePoint 2010 using left-side Navigation pane. (for copied workflow Site Objects All Files Workflows Open ReviewApproval_ .xoml.rules (for English build LanguageID is 1033) using Notepad. Website Writes! (for copied workflow open .xoml.rules file) Search 1900-01-01 and replace it with 0001-01-01 and save. Publish workflow again. Changing If statement.

Open SPD and ib extended load Approval - SharePoint 2010 workflow to edit. Click Approval process in how to resume workflow designer. Click Change the behavior of the overall task process. Find If statement we use for initial due date comparison in When the Task Process Starts slab ( If Parameter: Due Date for All Tasks equals 12/31/1899 4:00:00 PM ) Create a new string-type like InitialDueDateString and assign Parameter: Due Date for All Tasks to ib extended InitialDueDateString (i.e. Song Has Antithesis! Set Variable: InitialDueDateString to Parameter: Due Date for essays, All Tasks) before If statement. Change If statement to website writes essays answers If Variable: InitialDueDateString equals 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM

Now we can see None for due date when we don't set due date at ib extended workflow start time. Song Has Antithesis! Similar logic can be applied to ib extended essays other area of workflow logic. Users can solve this issue yet another way as necessary by using other action/condition or variables. SharePoint Server 2010 Core (Language Specific) When the MOSS 2007 East Asian version is yahoo answers, upgraded to MOSS 2010, the left navigation pane of customized 'PersonalFolder.aspx' is essays, not displayed correctly. For resolving this problem, the admin should update 'EawfDocLib.master' page using SharePoint Designer. SharePoint Workspace 2010 Web Services. When a user creates a new Folder Sharing workspace on Windows Vista, Windows Explorer will launch, but the Folder Sharing taskbar does not display. This creates confusion about how to share the folder using SharePoint Workspace. Rebooting the computer should resolve the issue. List item conflicts occur.

When a conflict is caused because a list item is added to a SharePoint site (server) and critical reflection essays the same list item is edited in essays the SharePoint workspace (client), both having a field which needs to be unique but ends up being the writes essays yahoo same, the user is presented with 3 options in SharePoint Workspace. The 3 options are: Fix the SharePoint Workspace item. Keep the essays server copy. In this scenario keeping both does not make sense because keeping both does not resolve the conflict.

In the opposite scenario where the item is created in SharePoint Workspace (client) and edited on the SharePoint site (server), the user is provided with 2 options in SharePoint Workspace. How To Resume! The 2 options are: Since keeping both copies does not really resolve the issue, the user should either modify the item in SharePoint Workspace or keep the server copy, which in essence deletes the SharePoint Workspace item. Either should resolve the conflict. Edit/fix the item. Delete the item (keeps the server copy) Web Services Registry Key Changes and ib extended essays Web Services Limitations. Office SharePoint Workspace 2010 provides Web services that are compatible with the Web services available in scarlet letter essay Groove 2007. There are three significant changes: The location of the keys in essays the registry has changed. The LocalRequestKey and LocalResponseKey are encrypted using DPAPI CurrentUser encryption.

There is no web service access to tool data in 2010 workspaces. Access to essays Groove 2007 compatible workspaces is unchanged from the essays access available in how to resume Groove 2007 SP1. Registry Key Changes. In SharePoint Workspace 2010, all web services keys are in ib extended the following location in the registry: The meaning of essays these keys has not changed from Groove 2007.

See the Groove Web Services Developer Reference for more information. In order to ib extended essays get the string values for has antithesis, the LocalRequestKey and LocalResponseKey, you should call the Unprotect method. For example: if (grooveWebServicesRegKey != null) if (keyValue != null) byte[] unprotectedData = ProtectedData. Unprotect((byte[]) keyValue, null, DataProtectionScope.CurrentUser); In order to call the Unprotect method, you must add a reference to essays System.Security in your C# project and add the following line to your C# file: The Unicode GetString method is in the System.Text library. Web Services Access to 2010 Groove Workspaces. You can use any GrooveSpaces operation with a 2010 workspace.

Although the GrooveSpaces.Read operation returns a URL for the GrooveTools service, you cannot perform any operations on hook, a 2010 workspace with the GrooveTools, GrooveCalendar, GrooveForms2, or GrooveFilesBase64 service. 2010 Workspaces currently have a Space.Version major version number 19, but this may change during development. Note: If you call GrooveTools.ReadAvailableTools on essays, a 2010 workspace, it returns an has antithesis, empty list since there are no tools that you can add. Essays! GrooveSpaces.Create operation creates a Groove 2007 compatible workspace. Web Services Access to SharePoint Workspaces. In order to read SharePoint Workspaces with GrooveSpaces.Read, you must specify the reflection essays following SpaceType:

The only operations that you may perform on a SharePoint Workspace using Web Services are: All other operations are illegal. Essays! Your application should not call any other operation using a SharePoint workspace.SharePoint Workspaces currently have a Space.Version major version number 18, but this may change during development. Web Services Access to Shared Folders. Access to Shared Folders is unchanged from the access available in Groove 2007 SP1 to Groove File Sharing workspaces.

Shared Folders currently have a Space.Version major version 18, but this may change during development. Other Web Services Notes. GrooveProperties.Read returns a major version number of college degree justice thesis write 14 for SharePoint Workspace 2010. A hotfix to Groove 2007 provides additional Web Services operations as Groove Web Services Version 2.1. These additional operations are not available in SharePoint Workspace 2010. A Software Development Kit is available with this Beta release.

It includes the Groove Web Services documentation, samples, and WSDL definition files. If Office Communicator is installed and running, but the user is not logged in, when double-clicking a contact in SharePoint Workspace nothing happens. The expectation is that an Office Communicator instant message window opens as it does when the user is logged in. The following describes the expected behavior: When Office Communicator is installed, running and the user is ib extended, logged in, when double-clicking a contact in criminal justice science thesis SharePoint Workspace, an Office Communicator instant message window opens. When Office Communicator is installed and not running, double-clicking a contact in SharePoint Workspace opens a SharePoint Workspace message. To resolve the issue of no window opening when double-clicking a contact in SharePoint Workspace, either sign in to Office Communicator to open an Office Communicator instant message or exit Office Communicator to open a SharePoint Workspace message.

If Office Communicator is essays, installed and running, but the user is not logged in, when double-clicking a contact in SharePoint Workspace nothing happens. The expectation is that an Office Communicator instant message window opens as it does when the user is logged in. The following describes the expected behavior: When Office Communicator is installed, running and the user is essays, logged in, when double-clicking a contact in SharePoint Workspace, an Office Communicator instant message window opens. When Office Communicator is ib extended, installed and not running, double-clicking a contact in SharePoint Workspace opens a SharePoint Workspace message. To resolve the issue of no window opening when double-clicking a contact in water SharePoint Workspace, either sign in to Office Communicator to open an Office Communicator instant message or exit Office Communicator to ib extended open a SharePoint Workspace message. Cannot update design of Custom Forms Tools in SharePoint Workspace 2010. Custom tools created using the Groove 2007 Forms or InfoPath Forms tools can be used in Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010. Reflection! However, access to the Designer in these tools is disabled in essays this software release.

If you need to update the design in how to resume one of ib extended these tools, these updates must be accomplished by a workspace member who is still running Groove 2007. How To Resume! In addition, this member must have designer access, which is ib extended, typically available to managers. Once the Groove 2007 member publishes an updated design, all workspace members will be able to use the how to resume updated design. Syncing a Library/List after adding a Lookup column fails to sync. By default, SharePoint server throttling is set to limit 8 Lookup columns.

Document libraries already have 4 or 5 lookup columns by default, so adding too many lookup columns to a library will cause the sync to fail. When a user takes a site offline and the user does not have permissions that allow them to add new items or modify existing items, the user will see an ib extended essays, error indicating so, but is not told how to resolve the problem. The scenario is as follows: User selects Sync to scarlet letter essay hook SharePoint Workspace from the SharePoint site for which the user does not have permissions to add/modify. Once the site is offline, the user creates a new list item in essays one of the college justice master lists.

When the ib extended essays user syncs, the Resolve tab in the ribbon appears. When the user tries to resolve the song has antithesis error, a dialog appears indicating there is a permissions issue, with an option to ib extended essays fix the error. Selecting the Fix Error option opens the item in edit mode. If the user then saves and college criminal degree master thesis closes the item, the problem is not resolved. The user has two options: Try syncing again with the proper permissions. Delete the item they added to the workspace. When a user takes a site offline for a server whose credentials are cached with a fully qualified domain name yet the user is synching the site using the unqualified domain name, attachments on essays, items may not sync. This is a known Windows issue.

To resolve the problem, the unqualified domain name for the server should be cached as well. When syncing an water for elephant, out of the box Project Task List, a user in SharePoint Workspace will be unable to create new summary tasks. Create the Summary Task on ib extended essays, the SharePoint site. SharePoint Workspace cannot sync OneNote files. If a user attempts to launch an website essays for you yahoo answers, OneNote file, SPW will prompt to launch from the SharePoint site. No workaround. OneNote 2010 handles all of its syncing within the application; SPW is not needed to keep OneNote 2010 notebooks up-to-date. SharePoint workspaces will not sync against IRM document libraries. From the SPW UI the IRM'd document library will be in error. If a user deletes a SharePoint workspace and essays then soon after attempts to re-create the website essays for you yahoo workspace starting from the SharePoint site in a Web browser, the user may receive an error message:

The error message might include the following information: Cannot navigate to ib extended essays a deleted workspace. If you are trying to re-create a workspace you just deleted, please try again later. Users sometimes need to reflection wait an indeterminate amount of essays time before attempting to has antithesis re-create the workspace using the Action menu on the SharePoint site in a Web browser. Essays! As a workaround, the user can create the SharePoint workspace from the Launch bar . Writes Essays For You Answers! Open the Create SharePoint Workspace window, and then enter the SharePoint site URL in the location box.

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online -
East Hartford Public Schools: 50 Excellent Extended Essay

narrative essay on So, your professor just gave you a new assignment, and it looks like an interesting topic. The problem is essays you don’t know how to write a narrative essay. Relax (but don’t procrastinate)! Narrative essays are actually pretty fun to write. What’s more, they don’t usually require much research since they are typically based on your life experiences. All that said, there are some important rules to follow. This blog post will tell you all about narrative essays and how to resume, teach you how to write a narrative essay that stands out. Narration is writing that tells a story. A good way to wrap your mind around a narrative is to think about how a narrator in a film presents a scene. He tells the essays story from a particular perspective, giving a detailed account of what happened.

Consider the narration in this clip from How the Grinch Stole Christmas : So, how is the scarlet letter essay hook narrator’s recounting of the ib extended Grinch’s failure to steal Christmas related to criminal write, learning how to write a narrative essay? As the narrator in your essay, you set the scene and tell the essays story from website that writes essays for you your viewpoint, giving a detailed report of ib extended events. Chances are, you narrate stories every day. I mean, didn’t you just tell your friend all about that funny thing that happened in water for elephant class earlier? You know how to narrate. So, writing a narrative essay should be easy, right? Well, hold on, it’s not that simple. Ib Extended Essays! One of the challenges with writing narrative essays is that you often have to critical essays, distill a complex story into ib extended essays, a limited (and to-the-point) number of words. For Elephant! At the same time, you have to ib extended essays, garner enough interest to keep the reader engaged in song your story. Anyone can tell a story, but not everyone can tell a story that captures an audience.

It’s important to keep some rules in mind as you learn how to write a narrative essay. The best way to learn how to write a narrative essay is to ib extended, see an example. I’m going to pretend that I’m the character Rudy (from the website that essays answers 1993 film Rudy ), and I’m going to write a narrative essay about something that happened in my (Rudy’s) life. First, watch this clip from the film: Now, I will write a sample narrative essay, as if this clip were based on my experience. Just as with a true narrative essay, my memory of the experience may be slightly different than the ib extended essays reality of the how to resume experience.

You always have some creative license with narrative essays–whether they are fictional or not. Read this sample essay first, and then I’ll break it down into its elements: A janitor changed my life. I was at a low point, ready to essays, quit everything–even when I had it all. I didn’t realize how lucky I was. At 5 foot nothing, 100 and nothing pounds, I was hardly your typical football player. But, that didn’t stop me from how to resume believing that I could play for essays Notre Dame. It turns out, the water most important part of achieving my dreams is believing in myself. After two years of trying hard to essays, prove that I was worthy of playing, I found out that I hadn’t made the song dress list for ib extended essays our kickoff game.After fighting to scarlet letter essay, be on the team and sweating through every practice, I was going to ib extended essays, sit on the bench…again.

So, I decided to how to resume, call it quits. Who was I to think that I deserved anything better than working at essays the steel plant, just like my father and my brothers? If that life was good enough for them, why wasn’t it good enough for me? As I stood there in song section five, staring out at the empty stadium, I thought of how proud my dad would have been to see me out essays there on the field playing for the team we both loved so much. I felt so stupid. I wasn’t a football player. Water For Elephant! I was a bench warmer… nothing more. That’s when the team janitor found me standing there. “Hey,” he said. “Don’t you have to be at practice?”

“Not anymore,” I said, annoyed. “I quit.” “Why’d you quit? You don’t seem like the quitting type.” “I don’t know,” I said. “I just don’t see the ib extended point anymore.” In that moment, the has antithesis janitor reminded me of everything I had already achieved. Against all odds, I had stuck with the team for two years, and I was going to graduate with a degree from Notre Dame. What he said next drove his point home. Ib Extended! He said, “In this lifetime, you don’t have to prove nothin’ to yahoo, nobody except yourself.”

He had a point. I had already proven myself to ib extended essays, everyone except for me. How To Resume! If I didn’t believe in myself… who would ever believe in me? Thanks to the janitor’s wisdom, I eventually played my first–and only–game that season, and I proved to myself that I can achieve anything I set my mind to. Okay, now let’s pick this thing apart. In the following section, I’ve highlighted certain concepts from ib extended essays my sample narrative essay in different colors. Essay Hook! Their explanations follow.

A janitor changed my life. Ib Extended! I was at a low point, ready to quit everything–even when I had it all. I didn’t realize how lucky I was. Website That Essays For You Yahoo Answers! At 5 foot nothing, 100 and nothing pounds, I was hardly your typical football player. But, that didn’t stop me from believing that I could play for essays Notre Dame. It turns out, the college justice science most important part of achieving my dreams is believing in myself. Let’s break it down. Start with a strong hook . Just as with any other form of writing, your first paragraph should start with a strong hook. Ib Extended Essays! The sentence, “ a janitor changed my life ,” sets up the how to resume story with a bold statement meant to capture the attention of my readers. The goal is to ib extended essays, make readers ask, “How did a janitor change your life?

What happened?”For more information on essay hook, hook sentences, read my blog post, “How to Write Good HookSentences.” Set the scene . In this section of ib extended essays my first paragraph, I set the scene. I give the reader some context for my story (I was at a low point. I was a struggling football player for Notre Dame… etc.). Reflection Essays! Define the ib extended purpose . Have you ever heard anyone talk on and on about something without making a point? This is a common trap for writers attempting a narrative essay. A good narrative essay has a purpose: perhaps you learned a hard lesson, or perhaps you transformed into a more mature person.

Whatever the case, that purpose should be stated in the first paragraph. In the example narrative, my purpose is to make the point that “ the most important part of how to resume achieving my dreams is believing in myself .” As you can see, the essays first paragraph is critical to setting up a good story. Now, let’s talk about what goes on in your body paragraphs. After two years of trying hard to critical essays, prove that I was worthy of playing, I found out essays that I hadn’t made the dress list for our kickoff game.

After fighting to critical reflection, be on the team and ib extended essays, sweating through every practice , I was going to sit on the bench…again. So, I decided to call it quits. Who was I to think that I deserved anything better than working at website essays for you yahoo answers the steel plant, just like my father and my brothers? If that life was good enough for ib extended essays them, why wasn’t it good enough for me? As I stood there in section five, staring out at the empty stadium , I thought of how proud my dad would have been to see me out there on letter, the field playing for the team we both loved so much.

I felt so stupid. I wasn’t a football player. I was a bench warmer… nothing more. Ib Extended Essays! That’s when the team janitor found me standing there. “Hey,” he said. “Don’t you have to be at practice?” “Not anymore,” I said, annoyed . Website Writes Essays! “I quit.” “Why’d you quit? You don’t seem like the quitting type.” “I don’t know,” I said. “I just don’t see the essays point anymore .”

In that moment, the janitor reminded me of everything I had already achieved. Against all odds, I had stuck with the team for two years, and letter essay hook, I was going to graduate with a degree from Notre Dame. What he said next drove his point home. He said, “In this lifetime, you don’t have to prove nothin’ to nobody except yourself.” Let’s break it down.

Use vivid and appropriate detail . The goal here is to recreate the essays story for your reader just like it happened. Water! Make the story vivid and essays, full of detail. Note, however, that this is not a descriptive essay, so only include the details that matter most to your story . Use dialogue . Sometimes, a great story can’t be told without dialogue. Website That Writes Essays Answers! It’s definitely okay to ib extended essays, incorporate dialogue, as necessary, especially if it’s a natural part of your story.In my sample essay, the conversation with the janitor is critical to the story, so including the dialogue from this interaction is song appropriate. Write chronologically . It’s a smart idea to ib extended, write in chronological order, especially if you are an inexperienced writer. What happened first, next, and last?This will help you to stay true to your story and letter, not wander. In this sample, I focus on the sequence of events that led me to my moment of truth, how the janitor talked me into staying on the team, and essays, how this changed my perspective on life. Maintain consistency in narration . In this example narrative essay, I chose to yahoo answers, write in the first-person narrative voice and in the past tense.I chose first person because I was telling a story that happened to me (remember, I’m pretending to ib extended, be Rudy in this sample). I chose past tense because I’m telling a story that happened in the past .Chances are, you’ll want to write your narrative essay in has antithesis first person, past tense, too. In some cases, you may find that writing in third person is a better choice–especially if you are recounting a story that happened to someone else. But, whatever you choose, keep it consistent throughout.

Okay! Let’s move on to the last paragraph. He had a point. I had already proven myself to essays, everyone except for me. If I didn’t believe in myself… who would ever believe in critical essays me? Thanks to ib extended essays, the janitor’s wisdom, I eventually played my first–and only–game that season, and how to resume, I proved to myself that I can achieve anything I set my mind to . Let’s break it down. Restate your purpose . In your final paragraph, leave your reader with a clear restatement of your purpose.Remember, I began this sample narrative essay by stating my purpose: “The most important part of achieving my dreams is believing in myself.” In the final paragraph, I closed with a restatement of this same point: “ I proved to myself that I can achieve anything I set my mind to. ” Here are the eight concepts we just covered, distilled into handy table form for your convenience. Final Thoughts on How to Write a Narrative Essay. As you set out to write your narrative essay, bring the essays readers on critical reflection essays, your journey with you.

Give them a reason to listen to your story. If you’re uncertain what to write about, remember that a good personal narrative essay will show some sort of transformation. Ib Extended! For example, you started out has antithesis as a shy person, but had an interesting experience that made you more outgoing. Find a story of transformation, and essays, then write about song, what happened. If you need more ideas, check out these example narrative essays.

Finally, always be sure to edit your personal narrative essay before you submit it! It doesn’t matter how awesome your story is if the narrative is masked by bad grammar or sentence structure errors. Psst. Ib Extended! 98% of letter Kibin users report better grades! Get inspiration from over 500,000 example essays. About the Author. Naomi Tepper is essays a former Kibin editor, the former content manager for the Kibin blog, and forever a word nerd. Wooooow, thnx this really saved my day cause I had no idea of how to write a narrative essay. Happy to help and thanks for reading!

You’re welcome! Thanks for reading. Hey… anyone wants to learn the best way to write an essay without tutoring…. here it it. this stuff is as good as perfect to learn an essay. +Naomi Tepper thanks a ton.. this will help me improve my narrative writing skills.. Thanks again #128578; Aww, shucks thank you! More than happy to writes for you yahoo, help. Thank you I really appreciate your help. n if you don’t mind, is it possible that you could help me out with a few links or something, so i could improve my writing skills. (other types of writings as well- like argumentative, descriptive, persuasive, summary writing)… oh! n am also having my IGCSE pre-boards coming up this Monday so even a few tips would also help. Ib Extended! Thanks:)

Truthfully, I don’t know much about the IGCSE boards, but I imagine there might be some timed writing tests involved, in which case this post might come in handy: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/how-to-write-a-timed-essay/ Thanks alot… all of them are really helpful #128578; Can you please guide me to another link with summary writing.. i think the above link doesn’t seem to be working.. College Justice Science Write! Thanks in advance. #128578; Hi Naomi. Found this really helpful, thank you. I was wondering if you have any additional advice that would help me hone my writing skills. #128578; Hi again, Sowmya!

Woot! Looks like your finding your way around our blog. Ib Extended! Nice to see you reading this post as well. Yes, I have lots of advice on writing better essays. That Writes Essays For You Answers! Check out the comment I left for Joshua (below), it links to some of my most useful blog posts. Is it possible if you could share a link on summary writing to me, it would be of great help. Thanks in advance. thank for the awesome help. You are so welcome!

Thanks for the comment. #128578; THANK YOU SO MUCH . YOU HELPED ME A LOT ! Awesome! Happy to essays, help. #128578; I want to help my son write a narrative. He has to choose to how to resume, be something from our timeline of ib extended study with our coop. He has chosen the Black Death. This seems so exciting to me but I simply cannot wrap my head around how to approach this as a narrative.

He actually wants to BE the black death. Ideas? Wow! Your son sounds very creative. I love this concept. Your son should choose the characteristics of the Black Death that he wants to personify. Before writing, answer some questions: What’s his motive (as the Black Death)? How does he feel about the “work” he is water essays doing? Does he have a visible form or is he invisible?

If visible, how do humans see him? Try to keep the personification consistent throughout. Then build a narrative arc around this “character” with a beginning, middle and end. Perhaps tell the story of essays visiting on a particular family. Song Has Antithesis! What does he learn from the experience? What is the point (thesis)? Most importantly have fun!

I love this! Do you have an example with a guide just like the one you did for narrative essay but for ib extended an illustration essay? Thanks so much Erin! Sorry to ask again, but do you have examples for a research essay and another narrative without dialogue? I want to be able to has antithesis, show my college students different examples of narrative essays.

Expert Essay Writers -

30 Book Report Templates #038; Reading Worksheets. Ib Extended Essays! Reading helps students develop a strong imagination, encourages their creativity, and strengthens their analytical skills. Teachers assign a lot of song has antithesis book reports to ensure that students read lots of essays books, especially at that critical early age when they are still trying to master the scarlet hook written word. To cut down on some of the ib extended essays workload, students and teachers can find a book report template to download and fill in. This gives more time to enjoy the essay act of reading, so students can become life long learners. A book report is typically given as an assignment to students in elementary and middle school. Students fill out a form answering basic questions about the book they were assigned to read. Turning in the report serves as proof to the teacher that the student read the book and, hopefully, got something out of it.

These reports may ask students to detail what the book was about, the ib extended essays names of the main characters, what the theme of the has antithesis book is, and ib extended essays where the events are set. Some reports may ask specific questions about events or characters to ensure that the students read the book all the way through. The report can also help students understand the book better by asking them to think about its meaning and the plot. Teachers may also hand out worksheets for students to complete in class or as homework. These are usually limited to college criminal justice master science thesis the earlier grades when students are still learning to read. Reading worksheets ask simple questions about the book without requiring multiple sentence answers. These questions may ask students to essays name a favorite character, or mention the main conflict in scarlet hook a few words. It’s not uncommon for the teacher to read a picture book with the class and have students fill out a worksheet afterwards.

If the classroom has a bookshelf, there may also be a ‘Reading Time’ when students pick out a book to read. Ib Extended Essays! When they finish, the students fill out the worksheet and submit it to song their teacher. Ib Extended! Book report forms are a popular choice of assignment for elementary school classes. These forms make it simple for students to complete the report by scarlet hook, filling out the worksheet. Essays! These sheets can be generic with standard questions, or teachers may create a unique sheet with questions specific to each different book that is assigned. These forms also help introduce students to the idea of a book report format and show them what kind of information may be expected on critical reflection essays, longer, multi-page reports that they are expected to complete in essays the higher grades. Critical Reflection Essays! A form is also easier to grade, especially for teachers who have a large classroom and more assignments to go over than usual. A simple book report features a few sections that ask students to answer questions in paragraph format. These each ask students to detail a different element of the book. All book report forms will ask for the title, author name, and the illustrator’s name, if it is ib extended, a picture book.

The other elements on a simple form include: Setting – This is where the book’s events took place, i.e. New York. Justice Science Write! Characters – A list of who the ib extended essays main characters are and essay their names. Plot – A basic overview of the major events in the book. Ib Extended Essays! Your impressions – Whether you like the book or not, and that essays for you answers why. A simple form may also just ask the students to describe the beginning, middle, and end events of the book in three questions. Students may also be expected to identify the climax, which is the ib extended essays most intense point of the book where the main character’s problems are resolved or made worse. This helps get students thinking about the critical reflection traditional progression of a plot. Eventually, teachers transition students to writing a multi-page book report.

The report is usually written in a word processing software, like MS Word. Students can find book report format templates for these assignments too. These longer reports are written out in paragraph form. The teacher asks the students to address different elements of a book in their own words or with their own formatting. A simple way to organize these reports is to divide them into three basic sections, the introduction, main body, and ib extended conclusion.

In the main body, students can create a different subheading for each element to address. For instance, Introduction – The first paragraph; includes book title, author, genre, and why you chose the book. Main Body – The middle part of the report; includes summary, theme, setting, and characters. Conclusion – A short summary of the book report and opinion of the book. Scarlet Letter Hook! Difference Between The Book Report Types. The short book report form is ib extended essays, handed out by the teacher and can be completed in one night like a homework assignment. A multi-page report is created by the student and may take more than one night to finish. Short templates are available in lots of fun book report ideas suitable for young children. They have questions with a few lines to hand write the essays answers in a few short sentences. Ib Extended Essays! Some templates may include activities to make them more interesting to students, such as having them draw out a scene from the scarlet book or re-write the ending.

Multi-page reports start out as two page reports and gradually increase in size through middle school and high school. Of course, those two page reports are just as difficult for ib extended essays young students as the five page reports are for high school students. The great thing about has antithesis these assignments is that students are usually free to organize their book report ideas however they desire. They can create bold sub-headers for the main body of the report. Students can write about the theme, characters, and setting separately. Ib Extended! Or they can leave out the headers and devote their report to criminal degree science a specific element, such as the ib extended book theme. This allows students to weave information about characters and setting into the report where they are most relevant to has antithesis the theme.

The former works well for short chapter books, and the latter is better for books that may feature multiple themes. Ib Extended Essays! Ideas for Different Kinds of Book Reports. There is more than one way to complete a book report. Both teachers and students may find these creative ideas more interesting than a straightforward report. Write a review of the book. Create the report in the form of a newspaper or blog review. Summarize the book without giving away the plot or the scarlet letter essay hook ending. Talk about what made you like it or, if you hated it. Feel free to give the book a thumbs up or down rating at the end. Ib Extended Essays! Do a diary. Use a journal template to create a diary written by one of the main characters.

There should be multiple entries that follow or discuss the events of the book from that character’s point of view. Interview one of the characters. Create an imaginary interview with one of the characters in the book. Ask them questions about where they come from, why the character did something important to the plot, and what the character thinks about the outcome of the events in the book. Write a newspaper article. Create an imaginary newspaper article detailing one of the major events in the book, such as a theft or an scarlet letter essay, important discovery. Make sure to answer the who, what, where, when, and why of these events in your article. What To Do Once You’ve Written The Report.

When students finish writing out their book reports, they have completed what is called the “First Draft” or “Rough Draft”. This is ib extended, just the first stage of the report, but it is the most difficult part. Finishing up that report in the following steps is a lot easier. Read and mark the scarlet report. Read through the book report from beginning to end to get a feel for ib extended essays it overall. Has Antithesis! Get a brightly colored pen to ib extended essays mark any spelling or punctuation errors you find in the report. Young students may want to read through their reports with their parents or a tutor. Water For Elephant Essays! Sometimes, teachers actually make students submit a rough draft of their reports for points before the final report is due.

The teacher reviews the draft, makes edits, and suggestions for changing the report before final submission. Make edits to the report. Go back into the report file and make the easy grammar and spelling fixes. Take a look at your teacher’s suggestions or the ideas you wrote down for essays things to change in the report. Create a plan to make those additions or changes.

Make the how to resume changes to the report. Don’t forget to save your file as a separate document. For instance, save your rough draft as, Report1.doc, and this updated version as, Report2.doc. Review the ib extended essays report. Critical! Print out a fresh copy of the report.

Read through it one more time looking for spelling errors and grammar mistakes. Keep an eye out for spots where the text doesn’t make sense. This can sometimes happen when you add new content to a report. If there are mistakes, fix them in the document file and essays review one more time. Your final draft is ready to print out scarlet essay, when you can no longer find any mistakes. Book reports are a big part of the ib extended essays curriculum. That doesn’t mean they have to be a lot of reflection work for the students or the teacher. Make assigning these reports less of a hassle with these tips. Assign one book for the entire class to read. This can cut down on the effort required in understanding submitted reports.

Pick out a short book report template to use. There is no need to use valuable time in creating one from scratch. Print out more copies of the form than are needed. Some students may lose theirs and need an extra form. Make reminder announcements when a due date approaches. Remind students at least twice before a book report due date. Keep the word count requirement low. Teachers also have to spend more time reviewing longer reports. Consider creative alternatives to some written reports. When your curriculum includes a lot of book reports, give students the ib extended option of turning in a drawing, diorama, or another project as a break. Being assigned a book report to complete can seem like a daunting task, especially if if you have never written a multi-page report.

Make sure you don’t fall behind on the work by following a few of these tips. Make up a reading schedule to complete the book well in advance of the report being due. Use a calendar to remind yourself. Assign yourself different steps to complete each night for the report, i.e. make an outline, write 200 words, or revising Ask the teacher for help with ideas if you can’t figure out how to get started. Look for for elephant essays examples of completed reports to see how they are structured. Book reports vary in their length and complexity.

Elementary school students get simple, one page forms to fill in ib extended about the how to resume books they read. Those in middle school and high school usually have to essays write multiple page reports. Nearly all reports require students to talk about the song has antithesis plot, theme, characters, and how they liked the book. Ib Extended Essays! Both students and teachers can find a lot of templates to use. Those looking for something generic for students to fill in after reading a book can pick up a .pdf or .jpg form.

Those who want more control over the look and wording of the template should download a .doc file.

Buy Essay Papers Here -
Extended essay - Wikipedia

essay part of speech To change text size, use the browser commands. In the toolbar, select View Zoom Zoom In, Reset or Zoom Out. On the keyboard, press COMMAND + to essays, zoom in, COMMAND - to zoom out or COMMAND 0 to reset. In the toolbar, select View Zoom In, Actual Size or Zoom Out. On the keyboard, press COMMAND + (Mac) or CTRL + (Windows) to zoom in, COMMAND - (Mac) or CTRL - (Windows) to zoom out or COMMAND 0 (Mac) or CTRL 0 (Windows) to view actual size. In the toolbar, select View Zoom Zoom In, Reset or Zoom Out. Essay Hook! On the essays, keyboard, press COMMAND + (Mac) or CTRL + (Windows) to zoom in, COMMAND - (Mac) or CTRL - (Windows) to zoom out how to resume or COMMAND 0 (Mac) or CTRL 0 (Windows) to ib extended essays, view actual size. In the has antithesis, toolbar, select Options Zoom Zoom In, Custom or Zoom Out. Ib Extended Essays! On the keyboard, press CTRL + to zoom in, CTRL - to zoom out or CTRL 0 to reset.

Traditional grammar classifies words based on eight parts of speech : the verb, the noun, the pronoun, the adjective, the how to resume, adverb, the preposition, the essays, conjunction, and the interjection. Each part of speech explains not what the word is , but how the word is used . In fact, the website that writes answers, same word can be a noun in ib extended one sentence and how to resume a verb or adjective in essays the next. The next few examples show how a word's part of speech can change from one sentence to the next, and following them is a series of sections on the individual parts of criminal degree justice science speech, followed by an exercise. Books are made of ink, paper, and glue. In this sentence, books is a noun, the subject of the sentence. Deborah waits patiently while Bridget books the tickets. Here books is a verb, and its subject is Bridget. In this sentence, walk is a verb, and its subject is the pronoun we.

The mail carrier stood on ib extended essays the walk . In this example, walk is a noun, which is part of a prepositional phrase describing where the mail carrier stood. The town decided to build a new jail . Here jail is a noun, which is the object of the infinitive phrase to build. The sheriff told us that if we did not leave town immediately he would jail us. Here jail is part of the compound verb would jail. They heard high pitched cries in water essays the middle of the night. In this sentence, cries is essays a noun acting as the direct object of the verb heard. The baby cries all night long and all day long.

But here cries is a verb that describes the actions of the subject of the sentence, the has antithesis, baby. The next few sections explain each of the parts of speech in essays detail. Website That Writes Essays For You Answers! When you have finished, you might want to test yourself by trying the exercise. Written by Heather MacFadyen. The verb is perhaps the most important part of the ib extended essays, sentence. A verb or compound verb asserts something about the subject of the sentence and express actions, events, or states of being. How To Resume! The verb or compound verb is the critical element of the predicate of a sentence. In each of the following sentences, the verb or compound verb is highlighted : Dracula bites his victims on the neck. The verb bites describes the action Dracula takes. In early October, Giselle will plant twenty tulip bulbs.

Here the compound verb will plant describes an action that will take place in the future. My first teacher was Miss Crawford, but I remember the janitor Mr. Weatherbee more vividly. In this sentence, the verb was (the simple past tense tense of ib extended essays is) identifies a particular person and the verb remember describes a mental action. Karl Creelman bicycled around the how to resume, world in 1899, but his diaries and his bicycle were destroyed . In this sentence, the compound verb were destroyed describes an action which took place in the past.

Written by Heather MacFadyen. A noun is a word used to name a person, animal, place, thing, and abstract idea. Nouns are usually the first words which small children learn. The highlighted words in the following sentences are all nouns: Late last year our neighbours bought a goat . Portia White was an opera singer . The bus inspector looked at all the essays, passengers' passes . According to Plutarch , the library at Alexandria was destroyed in 48 B.C. Philosophy is of little comfort to the starving . A noun can function in a sentence as a subject, a direct object, an indirect object, a subject complement, an object complement, an scarlet hook appositive, an adjective or an adverb. Many common nouns, like engineer or teacher, can refer to men or women. Once, many English nouns would change form depending on their gender -- for example, a man was called an author while a woman was called an authoress -- but this use of gender-specific nouns is very rare today. Those that are still used occasionally tend to refer to occupational categories, as in the following sentences. David Garrick was a very prominent eighteenth-century actor. Ib Extended! Sarah Siddons was at the height of her career as an actress in water for elephant essays the 1780s.

The manager was trying to write a want ad, but he couldn't decide whether he was advertising for a waiter or a waitress Noun Plurals. Most nouns change their form to essays, indicate number by adding -s or -es, as illustrated in how to resume the following pairs of essays sentences: When Matthew was small he rarely told the how to resume, truth if he thought he was going to be punished. Many people do not believe that truths are self-evident. As they walked through the silent house, they were startled by essays an unexpected echo . I like to that writes for you answers, shout into ib extended, the quarry and how to resume listen to the echoes that return. He tripped over a box left carelessly in essays the hallway. Since we are moving, we will need many boxes . There are other nouns which form the plural by changing the last letter before adding s. Some words ending in website that essays yahoo answers f form the plural by deleting f and adding ves, and words ending in ib extended essays y form the plural by college criminal justice science write deleting the y and essays adding ies, as in the following pairs of sentences:

The harbour at Marble Mountain has one wharf . That Writes For You Yahoo! There are several wharves in Halifax Harbour. Warsaw is their favourite city because it reminds them of essays their courtship. How To Resume! The vacation my grandparents won includes trips to twelve European cities . The children circled around the headmaster and shouted, Are you a mouse or a man? The audience was shocked when all five men admitted that they were afraid of mice . Other nouns form the ib extended essays, plural irregularly. If English is your first language, you probably know most of how to resume these already: when in doubt, consult a good dictionary. In the possessive case, a noun or pronoun changes its form to show that it owns or is closely related to something else.

Usually, nouns become possessive by adding a combination of an apostrophe and the letter s. You can form the possessive case of a singular noun that does not end in s by adding an ib extended essays apostrophe and s, as in the following sentences: The red suitcase is Cassandra's . Essay! The only luggage that was lost was the prime minister's . The exhausted recruits were woken before dawn by the drill sergeant's screams. Ib Extended Essays! The miner's face was covered in coal dust. You can form the essays, possessive case of a singular noun that ends in s by adding an apostrophe alone or by adding an apostrophe and s, as in the following examples: The bus's seats are very uncomfortable. The bus' seats are very uncomfortable. The film crew accidentally crushed the platypus's eggs. The film crew accidentally crushed the platypus' eggs.

Felicia Hemans's poetry was once more popular than Lord Byron's. Felicia Hemans' poetry was once more popular than Lord Byron's. You can form the possessive case of a plural noun that does not end in s by adding an apostrophe and a s, as in the following examples: The children's mittens were scattered on ib extended the floor of the porch. The sheep's pen was mucked out college justice master write every day.

Since we have a complex appeal process, a jury's verdict is not always final. The men's hockey team will be playing as soon as the women's team is finished. The hunter followed the moose's trail all morning but lost it in the afternoon. You can form the possessive case of a plural noun that does end in s by adding an apostrophe: The concert was interrupted by the dogs' barking, the ducks' quacking, and the babies' squalling. The janitors' room is downstairs and to ib extended, the left. My uncle spent many hours trying to locate the squirrels' nest. The archivist quickly finished repairing the that writes essays for you yahoo answers, diaries' bindings. Religion is essays usually the subject of the letter, roommates' many late night debates. Using Possessive Nouns.

When you read the following sentences, you will notice that a noun in the possessive case frequently functions as an adjective modifying another noun: The miner's face was covered in coal dust. Here the possessive noun miner's is used to ib extended, modify the noun face and together with the article the, they make up the noun phrase that is the sentence's subject. The concert was interrupted by scarlet the dogs' barking, the ducks' quacking, and the babies' squalling. In this sentence, each possessive noun modifies a gerund. The possessive noun dogs' modifies barking, ducks' modifies quacking, and babies' modifies squalling. The film crew accidentally crushed the platypus's eggs. In this example the possessive noun platypus's modifies the noun eggs and the noun phrase the ib extended, platypus's eggs is the direct object of the verb crushed.

My uncle spent many hours trying to locate the squirrels' nest. In this sentence the degree thesis, possessive noun squirrels' is used to modify the noun nest and the noun phrase the squirrels' nest is the object of the infinitive phrase to locate. There are many different types of nouns. As you know, you capitalise some nouns, such as Canada or Louise, and do not capitalise others, such as badger or tree (unless they appear at the beginning of essays a sentence). How To Resume! In fact, grammarians have developed a whole series of ib extended noun types, including the proper noun, the common noun, the concrete noun, the abstract noun, the countable noun (also called the count noun), the non-countable noun (also called the mass noun), and the collective noun. You should note that a noun will belong to more than one type: it will be proper or common, abstract or concrete, and countable or non-countable or collective. If you are interested in the details of these different types, you can read about them in the following sections. You always write a proper noun with a capital letter, since the noun represents the how to resume, name of ib extended a specific person, place, or thing. The names of days of the week, months, historical documents, institutions, organisations, religions, their holy texts and their adherents are proper nouns.

A proper noun is the opposite of a common noun. In each of the following sentences, the reflection essays, proper nouns are highlighted : The Marroons were transported from Jamaica and forced to ib extended essays, build the fortifications in Halifax . Many people dread Monday mornings. Beltane is celebrated on the first of May . Abraham appears in the Talmud and in the Koran . Last year, I had a Baptist , a Buddhist , and a Gardnerian Witch as roommates. Common Nouns. A common noun is a noun referring to a person, place, or thing in a general sense -- usually, you should write it with a capital letter only when it begins a sentence. Critical Reflection Essays! A common noun is the opposite essays, of a proper noun. In each of the following sentences, the common nouns are highlighted : According to the sign , the nearest town is 60 miles away. Reflection! All the gardens in essays the neighbourhood were invaded by beetles this summer . I don't understand why some people insist on having six different kinds of mustard in their cupboards . The road crew was startled by water the sight of three large moose crossing the ib extended essays, road . Many child-care workers are underpaid. Sometimes you will make proper nouns out of common nouns, as in the following examples:

The tenants in the Garnet Apartments are appealing the large and sudden increase in their rent. The meals in the Bouncing Bean Restaurant are less expensive than meals in ordinary restaurants. Many witches refer to the Renaissance as the Burning Times . The Diary of Anne Frank is often a child's first introduction to letter, the history of the Holocaust . Concrete Nouns. A concrete noun is a noun which names anything (or anyone) that you can perceive through your physical senses: touch, sight, taste, hearing, or smell. A concrete noun is ib extended the opposite of a abstract noun. The highlighted words in college criminal degree justice science the following sentences are all concrete nouns: The judge handed the files to the clerk . Ib Extended Essays! Whenever they take the dog to critical essays, the beach , it spends hours chasing waves . The real estate agent urged the couple to buy the ib extended essays, second house because it had new shingles . As the has antithesis, car drove past the ib extended, park , the thump of a disco tune overwhelmed the string quartet's rendition of a minuet . The book binder replaced the flimsy paper cover with a sturdy, cloth-covered board . Abstract Nouns. An abstract noun is a noun which names anything which you can not perceive through your five physical senses, and is the opposite of a concrete noun. The highlighted words in the following sentences are all abstract nouns: Buying the fire extinguisher was an afterthought . Tillie is amused by people who are nostalgic about scarlet letter, childhood . Justice often seems to ib extended essays, slip out of our grasp. Some scientists believe that schizophrenia is critical essays transmitted genetically.

Countable Nouns. A countable noun (or count noun ) is a noun with both a singular and a plural form, and it names anything (or anyone) that you can count . You can make a countable noun plural and attach it to a plural verb in a sentence. Countable nouns are the opposite of non-countable nouns and collective nouns. In each of the ib extended, following sentences, the highlighted words are countable nouns: We painted the how to resume, table red and the chairs blue.

Since he inherited his aunt's library , Jerome spends every weekend indexing his books . Miriam found six silver dollars in the toe of ib extended a sock . The oak tree lost three branches in answers the hurricane . Over the essays, course of twenty-seven years , Martha Ballad delivered just over eight hundred babies . Non-Countable Nouns. A non-countable noun (or mass noun ) is a noun which does not have a plural form, and which refers to something that you could (or would) not usually count. A non-countable noun always takes a singular verb in scarlet essay hook a sentence. Ib Extended! Non-countable nouns are similar to collective nouns, and are the opposite of countable nouns. The highlighted words in the following sentences are non-countable nouns: Joseph Priestly discovered oxygen . The word oxygen cannot normally be made plural. Oxygen is essential to water, human life. Since oxygen is a non-countable noun, it takes the singular verb is rather than the plural verb are. We decided to sell the ib extended, furniture rather than take it with us when we moved. You cannot make the noun furniture plural. The furniture is heaped in how to resume the middle of the room.

Since furniture is essays a non-countable noun, it takes a singular verb, is critical essays heaped. The crew spread the gravel over the roadbed. You cannot make the non-countable noun gravel plural. Gravel is more expensive than I thought. Since gravel is ib extended a non-countable noun, it takes the singular verb form is. A collective noun is a noun naming a group of things, animals, or persons. You could count the individual members of the group, but you usually think of the group as a whole is generally as one unit. You need to be able to recognise collective nouns in has antithesis order to maintain subject-verb agreement. A collective noun is ib extended similar to a non-countable noun, and is roughly the opposite essays yahoo, of a countable noun. In each of the following sentences, the highlighted word is a collective noun: The flock of geese spends most of its time in the pasture.

The collective noun flock takes the singular verb spends. The jury is dining on take-out chicken tonight. In this example the collective noun jury is the subject of the ib extended, singular compound verb is dining. The steering committee meets every Wednesday afternoon. Here the collective noun committee takes a singular verb, meets. The class was startled by the bursting light bulb. In this sentence the word class is a collective noun and takes the singular compound verb was startled. Written by Heather MacFadyen. A pronoun can replace a noun or another pronoun.

You use pronouns like he, which, none, and song you to make your sentences less cumbersome and less repetitive. Grammarians classify pronouns into several types, including the personal pronoun, the demonstrative pronoun, the interrogative pronoun, the indefinite pronoun, the ib extended essays, relative pronoun, the reflexive pronoun, and the intensive pronoun. A personal pronoun refers to a specific person or thing and changes its form to indicate person, number, gender, and song has antithesis case. Subjective Personal Pronouns. A subjective personal pronoun indicates that the pronoun is acting as the ib extended essays, subject of the sentence. The subjective personal pronouns are I, you, she, he, it, we, you, they. In the following sentences, each of the highlighted words is reflection essays a subjective personal pronoun and acts as the subject of the sentence:

I was glad to find the bus pass in the bottom of the green knapsack. You are surely the essays, strangest child I have ever met. He stole the selkie's skin and forced her to how to resume, live with him. When she was a young woman, she earned her living as a coal miner. After many years, they returned to ib extended essays, their homeland. We will meet at critical reflection essays the library at 3:30 p.m. Essays! It is on college criminal master thesis the counter. Are you the delegates from ib extended, Malagawatch? Objective Personal Pronouns. An objective personal pronoun indicates that the pronoun is acting as an water essays object of a verb, compound verb, preposition, or infinitive phrase. The objective personal pronouns are: me, you, her, him, it, us, you, and them.

In the following sentences, each of the essays, highlighted words is an objective personal pronoun: Seamus stole the selkie's skin and forced her to live with him . The objective personal pronoun her is the website that writes for you answers, direct object of the verb forced and the objective personal pronoun him is the object of the preposition with. After reading the pamphlet, Judy threw it into the garbage can. The pronoun it is the direct object of the verb threw. The agitated assistant stood up and faced the essays, angry delegates and said, Our leader will address you in five minutes. In this sentence, the pronoun you is the direct object of the verb address. Deborah and Roberta will meet us at the newest cafe in the market. Here the objective personal pronoun us is the direct object of the compound verb will meet.

Here the objective personal pronoun me is the object of the preposition to. I'm not sure that my contact will talk to you . Similarly in this example, the objective personal pronoun you is the object of the preposition to. Christopher was surprised to see her at the drag races. Here the objective personal pronoun her is the object of the infinitive phrase to see. Possessive Personal Pronouns. A possessive pronoun indicates that the pronoun is acting as a marker of possession and defines who owns a particular object or person. The possessive personal pronouns are mine, yours, hers, his, its, ours, and critical reflection essays theirs.

Note that possessive personal pronouns are very similar to ib extended, possessive adjectives like my, her, and their. In each of the following sentences, the highlighted word is a possessive personal pronoun: The smallest gift is mine . Here the possessive pronoun mine functions as a subject complement. Here too the possessive pronoun yours functions as a subject complement. His is on the kitchen counter. In this example, the possessive pronoun his acts as the subject of the sentence. Theirs will be delivered tomorrow. In this sentence, the possessive pronoun theirs is the subject of the sentence. Ours is the website writes essays answers, green one on the corner. Here too the possessive pronoun ours function as the essays, subject of the sentence. A demonstrative pronoun points to and identifies a noun or a pronoun.

This and how to resume these refer to things that are nearby either in essays space or in time, while that and those refer to things that are farther away in space or time. The demonstrative pronouns are this, that, these, and those. This and that are used to refer to singular nouns or noun phrases and these and those are used to refer to how to resume, plural nouns and noun phrases. Note that the demonstrative pronouns are identical to demonstrative adjectives, though, obviously, you use them differently. It is also important to note that that can also be used as a relative pronoun. In the following sentences, each of the ib extended essays, highlighted words is a demonstrative pronoun: Here this is used as the subject of the compound verb must not continue. In this example this is used as subject and refers to something close to the speaker. The demonstrative pronoun that is also a subject but refers to something farther away from the speaker. Three customers wanted these . Here these is the direct object of the verb wanted.

An interrogative pronoun is used to ask questions. The interrogative pronouns are who, whom, which, what and the compounds formed with the song, suffix ever (whoever, whomever, whichever, and whatever). Essays! Note that either which or what can also be used as an interrogative adjective, and that who, whom, or which can also be used as a relative pronoun. You will find who, whom, and occasionally which used to refer to people, and which and essays what used to ib extended essays, refer to things and to animals. Who acts as the subject of a verb, while whom acts as the water for elephant, object of ib extended essays a verb, preposition, or a verbal. The highlighted word in each of the following sentences is an interrogative pronoun: Which wants to see the dentist first? Which is the subject of the sentence.

Who wrote the novel Rockbound? Similarly who is the subject of the sentence. Whom do you think we should invite? In this sentence, whom is the object of the verb invite. To whom do you wish to how to resume, speak? Here the interrogative pronoun whom is the object of the ib extended, preposition to. Who will meet the delegates at the train station? In this sentence, the interrogative pronoun who is the subject of the compound verb will meet.

To whom did you give the paper? In this example the interrogative pronoun whom is the object of the preposition to. Here the interrogative pronoun what is the direct object of the verb say. You can use a relative pronoun is used to song, link one phrase or clause to another phrase or clause. The relative pronouns are who, whom, that, and which. The compounds whoever, whomever, and whichever are also relative pronouns.

You can use the relative pronouns who and whoever to essays, refer to the subject of a clause or sentence, and whom and whomever to refer to scarlet hook, the objects of a verb, a verbal or a preposition. In each of the following sentences, the ib extended essays, highlighted word is a relative pronoun. You may invite whomever you like to the party. The relative pronoun whomever is the direct object of the compound verb may invite. The candidate who wins the greatest popular vote is not always elected. In this sentence, the relative pronoun is the subject of the verb wins and introduces the critical reflection, subordinate clause who wins the greatest popular vote. Ib Extended Essays! This subordinate clause acts as an adjective modifying candidate. In a time of crisis, the manager asks the workers whom she believes to be the most efficient to arrive an hour earlier than usual.

In this sentence whom is the direct object of the website writes yahoo, verb believes and introduces the subordinate clause whom she believes to be the most efficient. This subordinate clause modifies the noun workers. Whoever broke the ib extended, window will have to how to resume, replace it. Here whoever functions as the subject of the verb broke. The crate which was left in the corridor has now been moved into the storage closet. In this example which acts as the subject of the compound verb was left and essays introduces the subordinate clause which was left in the corridor. The subordinate clause acts as an adjective modifying the noun crate. I will read whichever manuscript arrives first. Here whichever modifies the noun manuscript and introduces the subordinate clause whichever manuscript arrives first. The subordinate clause functions as the has antithesis, direct object of the essays, compound verb will read. An indefinite pronoun is a pronoun referring to an identifiable but not specified person or thing.

An indefinite pronoun conveys the idea of all, any, none, or some. The most common indefinite pronouns are all, another, any, anybody, anyone, anything, each, everybody, everyone, everything, few, many, nobody, none, one, several, some, somebody, and someone. Note that some indefinite pronouns can also be used as indefinite adjectives. The highlighted words in the following sentences are indefinite pronouns: Many were invited to the lunch but only twelve showed up. Here many acts as the subject of the that for you yahoo answers, compound verb were invited. The office had been searched and everything was thrown onto the floor. In this example, everything acts as a subject of the compound verb was thrown.

We donated everything we found in the attic to the woman's shelter garage sale. In this sentence, everything is the direct object of theverb donated. Although they looked everywhere for extra copies of the ib extended essays, magazine, they found none . Here too the indefinite pronoun functions as a direct object: none is the water, direct object of ib extended found. Make sure you give everyone a copy of the amended bylaws. In this example, everyone is the indirect object of the verb give -- the direct object is the noun phrase a copy of the amended bylaws. Give a registration package to each . Here each is the object of the preposition to. You can use a reflexive pronoun to refer back to the subject of the clause or sentence. The reflexive pronouns are myself, yourself, herself, himself, itself, ourselves, yourselves, and themselves.

Note each of these can also act as an intensive pronoun. Each of the highlighted words in the following sentences is a reflexive pronoun: Diabetics give themselves insulin shots several times a day. The Dean often does the photocopying herself so that the secretaries can do more important work. After the party, I asked myself why I had faxed invitations to everyone in my office building. Richard usually remembered to send a copy of his e-mail to himself . Although the landlord promised to paint the justice science, apartment, we ended up doing it ourselves . Intensive Pronouns. An intensive pronoun is ib extended a pronoun used to emphasise its antecedent.

Intensive pronouns are identical in essays for you yahoo answers form to reflexive pronouns. The highlighted words in the following sentences are intensive pronouns: I myself believe that aliens should abduct my sister. The Prime Minister himself said that he would lower taxes. They themselves promised to ib extended essays, come to song has antithesis, the party even though they had a final exam at the same time. Written by Heather MacFadyen. An adjective modifies a noun or a pronoun by describing, identifying, or quantifying words.

An adjective usually precedes the essays, noun or the pronoun which it modifies. In the following examples, the highlighted words are adjectives: The truck-shaped balloon floated over the treetops. Mrs. Morrison papered her kitchen walls with hideous wall paper. The small boat foundered on the wine dark sea. Has Antithesis! The coal mines are dark and dank . Many stores have already begun to play irritating Christmas music. A battered music box sat on the mahogany sideboard. The back room was filled with large , yellow rain boots. An adjective can be modified by an adverb, or by a phrase or clausefunctioning as an adverb.

In the sentence. My husband knits intricately patterned mittens. for example, the ib extended, adverb intricately modifies the adjective patterned. Some nouns, many pronouns, and many participle phrases can also act as adjectives. In the sentence. Eleanor listened to the muffled sounds of the radio hidden under her pillow. for example, both highlighted adjectives are past participles. Grammarians also consider articles (the, a, an) to be adjectives. A possessive adjective (my, your, his, her, its, our, their) is similar or identical to a possessive pronoun; however, it is college degree justice master used as an adjective and modifies a noun or a noun phrase, as in the following sentences: I can't complete my assignment because I don't have the textbook. In this sentence, the essays, possessive adjective my modifies assignment and the noun phrase my assignment functions as an how to resume object.

Note that the possessive pronoun form mine is not used to modify a noun or noun phrase. What is your phone number. Here the possessive adjective your is used to modify the noun phrase phone number; the ib extended essays, entire noun phrase your phone number is a subject complement. Note that the for elephant, possessive pronoun form yours is not used to modify a noun or a noun phrase. The bakery sold his favourite type of essays bread. In this example, the possessive adjective his modifies the water essays, noun phrase favourite type of bread and the entire noun phrase his favourite type of bread is the direct object of the verb sold. After many years, she returned to her homeland.

Here the possessive adjective her modifies the noun homeland and the noun phrase her homeland is the object of the prepositionto. Note also that the form hers is not used to essays, modify nouns or noun phrases. We have lost our way in this wood. In this sentence, the possessive adjective our modifies way and the noun phrase our way is the direct object of the compound verbhave lost. Critical! Note that the possessive pronoun form ours is ib extended not used to modify nouns or noun phrases. In many fairy tales, children are neglected by their parents.

Here the possessive adjective their modifies parents and has antithesis the noun phrase their parents is the object of the preposition by. Note that the possessive pronoun form theirs is not used to modify nouns or noun phrases. The cat chased its ball down the stairs and into the backyard. In this sentence, the possessive adjective its modifies ball and the noun phrase its ball is the object of the verb chased. Note that its is the possessive adjective and it's is a contraction for it is. The demonstrative adjectives this, these, that, those, and what are identical to the demonstrative pronouns, but are used as adjectives to modify nouns or noun phrases, as in essays the following sentences: When the how to resume, librarian tripped over that cord, she dropped a pile of books. In this sentence, the demonstrative adjective that modifies the noun cord and essays the noun phrase that cord is the object of the preposition over.

This apartment needs to be fumigated. Here this modifies apartment and the noun phrase this apartment is the subject of the sentence. Even though my friend preferred those plates, I bought these. In the scarlet essay, subordinate clause, those modifies plates and the noun phrase those plates is the object of the verb preferred. In the ib extended essays, independent clause, these is the direct object of the verb bought. Note that the relationship between a demonstrative adjective and a demonstrative pronoun is similar to the relationship between a possessive adjective and website essays yahoo answers a possessive pronoun, or to that between a interrogative adjective and an interrogative pronoun. An interrogative adjective (which or what) is ib extended like an interrogative pronoun, except that it modifies a noun or noun phrase rather than standing on critical essays its own (see also demonstrative adjectives and essays possessive adjectives): Which plants should be watered twice a week? Like other adjectives, which can be used to modify a noun or a noun phrase. In this example, which modifies plants and the noun phrase which plants is the subject of the water, compound verb should be watered:

What book are you reading? In this sentence, what modifies book and the noun phrase what book is the direct object of the compound verb are reading. An indefinite adjective is similar to an indefinite pronoun, except that it modifies a noun, pronoun, or noun phrase, as in the following sentences: Many people believe that corporations are under-taxed. The indefinite adjective many modifies the noun people and the noun phrase many people is the subject of the sentence. I will send you any mail that arrives after you have moved to Sudbury. The indefinite adjective any modifies the noun mail and the noun phrase any mail is the direct object of the compound verb will send. They found a few goldfish floating belly up in the swan pound. In this example the indefinite adjective modifies the noun goldfish and the noun phrase is the direct object of the essays, verb found: The title of Kelly's favourite game is All dogs go to heaven. Here the scarlet letter hook, indefinite pronoun all modifies dogs and the full title is a subject complement.

Written by Heather MacFadyen. An adverb can modify a verb, an essays adjective, another adverb, a phrase, or a clause. An adverb indicates manner, time, place, cause, or degree and answers questions such as how, when, where, how much. While some adverbs can be identified by reflection their characteristic ly suffix, most of them must be identified by untangling the grammatical relationships within the sentence or clause as a whole. Unlike an adjective, an adverb can be found in essays various places within the sentence. In the following examples, each of the hook, highlighted words is an adverb: The seamstress quickly made the mourning clothes. In this sentence, the adverb quickly modifies the verb made and ib extended indicates in what manner (or how fast) the clothing was constructed. The midwives waited patiently through a long labour.

Similarly in this sentence, the water for elephant, adverb patiently modifies the verb waited and essays describes the manner in song has antithesis which the midwives waited. The boldly spoken words would return to haunt the rebel. In this sentence the adverb boldly modifies the adjective spoken. We urged him to dial the number more expeditiously . Here the adverb more modifies the adverb expeditiously. Unfortunately , the bank closed at essays three today . In this example, the adverb unfortunately modifies the entire sentence.

You can use a conjunctive adverb to join two clauses together. Some of the critical reflection essays, most common conjunctive adverbs are also, consequently, finally, furthermore, hence, however, incidentally, indeed, instead, likewise, meanwhile, nevertheless, next, nonetheless, otherwise, still, then, therefore, and ib extended thus. A conjunctive adverb is not strong enough to join two independent clauses without the hook, aid of a semicolon. The highlighted words in the following sentences are conjunctive adverbs: The government has cut university budgets; consequently , class sizes have been increased. He did not have all the ingredients the essays, recipe called for; therefore , he decided to make something else. Reflection Essays! The report recommended several changes to the ways the corporation accounted for donations; furthermore , it suggested that a new auditor be appointed immediately. Ib Extended Essays! The crowd waited patiently for three hours; finally , the how to resume, doors to the stadium were opened. Batman and Robin fruitlessly searched the building; indeed , the Joker had escaped through a secret door in the basement. Written by Heather MacFadyen.

A preposition links nouns, pronouns and phrases to other words in essays a sentence. The word or phrase that the preposition introduces is critical reflection essays called the object of the preposition. A preposition usually indicates the temporal, spatial or logical relationship of ib extended its object to the rest of the hook, sentence as in the following examples: The book is on the table. The book is beneath the table. The book is leaning against ib extended essays, the table. The book is beside the table.

She held the book over the table. That Writes! She read the book during class. In each of the preceding sentences, a preposition locates the noun book in space or in time. A prepositional phrase is ib extended made up of the preposition, its object and any associated adjectives or adverbs. A prepositional phrase can function as a noun, an adjective, or an adverb. How To Resume! The most common prepositions are about, above, across, after, against, along, among, around, at, before, behind, below, beneath, beside, between, beyond, but, by, despite, down, during, except, for, from, in, inside, into, like, near, of, off, on, onto, out, outside, over, past, since, through, throughout, till, to, toward, under, underneath, until, up, upon, with, within, and without. Each of the highlighted words in the following sentences is a preposition: The children climbed the mountain without fear. In this sentence, the preposition without introduces the noun fear. The prepositional phrase without fear functions as an adverb describing how the ib extended, children climbed.

There was rejoicing throughout the has antithesis, land when the government was defeated. Here, the preposition throughout introduces the noun phrase the land. Ib Extended! The prepositional phrase acts as an adverb describing the song, location of the rejoicing. The spider crawled slowly along the banister. The preposition along introduces the noun phrase the banister and the prepositional phrase along the banister acts as an adverb, describing where the spider crawled. The dog is hiding under the porch because it knows it will be punished for chewing up a new pair of shoes. Here the preposition under introduces the ib extended, prepositional phrase under the porch, which acts as an for elephant essays adverb modifying the compound verb is hiding. The screenwriter searched for the manuscript he was certain was somewhere in ib extended his office. Similarly in song this sentence, the preposition in ib extended essays introduces a prepositional phrase in his office, which acts as an scarlet letter hook adverb describing the location of the missing papers. Written by Heather MacFadyen.

You can use a conjunction to link words, phrases, and clauses, as in the following example: I ate the pizza and the pasta. Call the movers when you are ready. Co-ordinating Conjunctions. You use a co-ordinating conjunction (and, but, or, nor, for, so, or yet) to join individual words, phrases, and independent clauses.

Note that you can also use the conjunctions but and for as prepositions. In the ib extended essays, following sentences, each of the highlighted words is a co-ordinating conjunction: Lilacs and violets are usually purple. In this example, the scarlet, co-ordinating conjunction and links two nouns. This movie is ib extended particularly interesting to feminist film theorists, for the screenplay was written by that essays for you yahoo Mae West. In this example, the ib extended essays, co-ordinating conjunction for is used to link two independent clauses. Daniel's uncle claimed that he spent most of his youth dancing on how to resume rooftops and swallowing goldfish. Here the co-ordinating conjunction and links two participle phrases (dancing on rooftops and essays swallowing goldfish) which act as adverbs describing the essay hook, verb spends. A subordinating conjunction introduces a dependent clause and indicates the nature of the relationship among the independent clause(s) and the dependent clause(s).

The most common subordinating conjunctions are after, although, as, because, before, how, if, once, since, than, that, though, till, until, when, where, whether, and while. Each of the highlighted words in ib extended the following sentences is a subordinating conjunction: After she had learned to college master science thesis write, drive, Alice felt more independent. The subordinating conjunction after introduces the dependent clause After she had learned to ib extended essays, drive. If the paperwork arrives on critical reflection time, your cheque will be mailed on Tuesday.

Similarly, the subordinating conjunction if introduces the dependent clause If the paperwork arrives on time. Gerald had to essays, begin his thesis over again when his computer crashed. The subordinating conjunction when introduces the dependent clause when his computer crashed. Midwifery advocates argue that home births are safer because the mother and for you answers baby are exposed to fewer people and fewer germs. In this sentence, the dependent clause because the essays, mother and that essays yahoo baby are exposed to fewer people and fewer germs is introduced by the subordinating conjunction because. Correlative conjunctions always appear in pairs -- you use them to essays, link equivalent sentence elements. Essays! The most common correlative conjunctions are both. and, either. or, neither. nor,, not only. but also, so. as, and whether. or. (Technically correlative conjunctions consist simply of a co-ordinating conjunction linked to essays, an adjective or adverb.) The highlighted words in the following sentences are correlative conjunctions: Both my grandfather and for elephant essays my father worked in ib extended the steel plant. In this sentence, the correlative conjunction both. and is used to link the two noun phrases that act as the compound subject of the sentence: my grandfather and my father.

Bring either a Jello salad or a potato scallop. Here the water essays, correlative conjunction either. or links two noun phrases: a Jello salad and a potato scallop. Corinne is trying to decide whether to go to medical school or to go to law school. Similarly, the essays, correlative conjunction whether . Website Writes Essays Yahoo! or links the essays, two infinitive phrases to how to resume, go to medical school and to ib extended essays, go to how to resume, law school. The explosion destroyed not only the essays, school but also the neighbouring pub. In this example the correlative conjunction not only . but also links the two noun phrases (the school and neighbouring pub) which act as direct objects. Note: some words which appear as conjunctions can also appear as prepositions or as adverbs. Written by Heather MacFadyen. An interjection is a word added to a sentence to convey emotion. Reflection! It is not grammatically related to any other part of the sentence.

You usually follow an interjection with an exclamation mark. Ib Extended Essays! Interjections are uncommon in formal academic prose, except in direct quotations. The highlighted words in the following sentences are interjections: Ouch , that hurt! Oh no , I forgot that the exam was today. Essays! Hey ! Put that down!

I heard one guy say to another guy, He has a new car, eh ? I don't know about you but, good lord , I think taxes are too high!

Write my essay -

Bukharian Jews: Preserving Identity. In Queens, New York, Cyrillic signs adorn storefronts, restaurants with names like Shalom and ib extended essays, Cheburechnaya serve bread baked in a tandoor and website that, a museum showcases elaborate robes and ib extended essays, kippot —all signs of the thriving community that came from Central Asia, bringing their unique heritage with them. On a fall Sunday afternoon, the chandeliered party room at Troika in college justice master Forest Hills, Queens, is filling up. Essays. Friends and relatives have come to the Bukharian restaurant to honor the water for elephant essays memory of prominent Jewish writer Lev Kandinov on the one-month anniversary of his death. Essays. Candles stand ready to be lit below his portrait, and long, rectangular tables are heaped with food: carrot, beet and mushroom salads; dishes of raisins, pickles and caraway wafers; non, a bialy-shaped bread topped with black sesame seeds; noni toqhi, matza-like in its flatness but baked into a curve against the dome of a tandoor; and bottles of seltzer, vodka and pots of green tea. Soon, the rabbi chants minha , the afternoon service, in the Middle Eastern-inflected Bukharian style. The men stand and pray while the women remain seated and water essays, chat. While the speeches extolling the deceased begin in Bukhori, also called Judeo-Persian (Farsi mixed with Hebrew, Aramaic, Uzbek and Tajik), which is the ib extended native tongue of the website for you Bukharian Jews, the guests sip and munch. Course after course is served: fried carp dipped in garliccilantro sauce; round meat pies (samboosak); dumlama, a wheel of baked cabbage, tomato, meat and pepper; and essays, plov, rice spiced with cumin and crowned with julienned carrots, chick peas and meat. The scene is repeated all through the year—with some variations—at two dozen or so restaurants that have sprung up to accommodate the reflection essays thousands of Bukharian Jews who have settled in Queens since the early 1970s.

Bukharian Jews are thriving here and elsewhere in the United States, modernizing yet trying to ib extended essays, stay true to how to resume, their heritage. Memorials that used to be conducted at home are held in res­taurants during shiva and at 30-day and essays, 1-year anniversaries. The memorials represent one custom among the how to resume many traditions members of the community are dedicated to maintaining in their diaspora. “Every day, every restaurant is full,” says Lana Levitin, a real estate broker and manager of Maqam, a Bukharian musical ensemble. “With 50,000 Jews, everyone has someone to remember.” Sheva berakhot , bar mitzvas and essays, birthday celebrations al­so fill the halls. When someone dies, “even if you’ve never heard of the person, you go to the funeral,” says David Ribacoff, an emigre from Bukhara who has lived in New York since 1963. At the remembrance for Kandinov, Levitin em­phasizes the high intellectual and cultural level of the largely older crowd. There are former physics professors, physicians, dancers and other professionals fluent in a variety of Cen­tral Asian dialects. Because of their age and limited Eng­lish, it has been hard for them to find work in their fields. Despite that, “we are not mourning the Old Country,” says Ezra Malakov, 70, a singer and cantor at the synagogue of the Beth Gavriel World Center for critical, Buk­ha­r­ian Jews in Queens. Essays. “Practicing Judaism freely was not allowed there.

There is a nostalgic feeling for the country where we were born but whatever we are doing here was absolutely impossible there.” Legend traces the origins of the Bukharian Jews to reflection essays, the Israelites exiled to Babylonia in 586 B.C.E. According to another theory, they are descendants of ib extended fifth-century exiles from Persia. Critical. How they got to ib extended essays, Central Asia is obscure, but they maintained their distinctive Eastern practices in relative isolation for thousands of years under Islamic and, later, Russian rule. Has Antithesis. Their name derives from the Uzbek city of ib extended essays Bukhara in south­eastern Russia.

Their history and traditions differ both from the Caucasian, or Mountain, Jews, who hail from nearby Azerbaijan and Dagestan, and song, the Ashkenazic Russian Jews of northern cities such as Moscow, St. Petersburg and Kiev. Yet all three groups experienced re­ligious persecution under the So­viets. Essays. The Bukhar­ians suppressed all evidence of religious practice but were allowed to ob­tain higher education and establish careers. Al­though some left as early as the 1960s (the first Bu­khar­ian synagogue in Queens was established in 1965), emigration in­creased with perestroika in 1985 and then again after the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991. Many made their way first to Israel and then resettled in the United States. Reflection Essays. There are approximately 150,000 Bukh­arian Jews in Israel today, including a group of 100 who made aliya from New York in 2006 with their rabbi, Mi­chael Bo­ru­chov; 60,000 in ib extended North America; and smaller numbers in Europe. The community is centered in Queens and Brooklyn, but some groups have relocated to Miami, Denver, Phoenix, Toronto, Atlanta, Los Angeles and that essays yahoo answers, San Diego. About 2,000 remain in Central Asia. Along the ib extended main shopping area of 108th Street in Forest Hills—called Bukharian Broadway or Queen­sistan-signs in song Cyrillic advertise aptekas (pharmacies), bakeries, fruit markets, dry cleaners and ib extended, restaurants like Salute, Shalom and Chebur­ech­naya. The older generation has become entrepreneurs, shoemakers, hairdress­ers, barbers, cos­metologists, jewelers, real estate agents, photographers and caterers; the younger generation is song has antithesis, made up largely of physicians, lawyers, accountants, computer specialists and financial advisers.

Journals and ib extended essays, newspapers, mostly in Russian, circulate weekly and three theater troupes perform regularly. At least a dozen synagogues—all Orthodox-serve the community (two opened this year) along with three day schools, several yeshivot, youth groups and how to resume, Jewish organizations. According to ib extended essays, the community’s chief rabbi, Itzhak Yehoshua, about 20 percent of the community is Orthodox; 60 percent is that for you, traditional but not necessarily observant; and 20 percent is unaffiliated. While some Bukharians are assimilating into secular life, others are be­coming ba’alei teshuva , often with an Ashkenazic Or­thodox twist. In less affluent areas such as Lefrak City alongside the Long Island Ex­pressway in the Corona section of Queens, Bukharians live in government-subsidized apart­ments, but in essays Forest Hills, contemporary colonials have been rebuilt with a Middle East­ern flavor, their large kitchens and formal dining rooms vit­al for accommodating extended family gatherings. Chil­dren live with their parents until they marry, and the elderly are rarely placed in nursing homes. The five-story Bukharian Jewish Community Center in Forest Hills hosts numerous classes, events and youth ac­tiv­ities; it also houses a synagogue and offices of the Bukharian Jewish Con­gress, an umbrella organization that runs about 30 outreach centers across North America.

The BJCC was completed in 2005 with the help of Buk­harian billionaire, Chabad devotee and philanthropist Lev Leviev. Though Le­viev lives in London, his spirit—and funds—are widespread, most notably at the Queens Gymnasia, which he founded in 2002. Today, he provides free tuition (estimated at how to resume, $15,000 apiece) for ib extended, each of its 800 students (pre-K through 11th grade), who would otherwise have attended public school. A portrait of the Lubavitcher rebbe hangs in the entrance. Stella Mallayeva, who works in the Gymnasia office, has a fifth-grader in the school. “Culture and tradition are im­­portant,” says the Samarkand na­­tive. “That is what holds the critical reflection essays family together….” Devorah Tamarova, 16, whose family emigrated from Tajikistan in 1992, distinguishes between Bukharians and “regular Jewish people.” “Bukharians are people you’d want to get close to because we have customs others wouldn’t think of,” she says. Her mother works as a housekeeper and her father has a dry cleaning business. “My parents brought Bukharian Judaism with them. It ex­pres­ses them.” And though they were not religious, she says, “we became re­li­gious from the ib extended essays school…. I keep Shabbos but it is song has antithesis, hard to do when you don’t know what you are do­ing.” She traces her pronunciation—( Shabbos instead of ib extended essays Shabbat)—to some of her Ashkenazic teachers.

Most of the students don’t speak Bukharian fluently but understand it. They learn to essays, pray according to essays, Se­far­dic custom. Degree Write. And if they take the elevator to the sixth floor of the Gym­nasia, it is as if they have traveled back to the Old Country. The Bukharian Jewish Mu­­­­­seum, founded by teacher and trans­­­lator Aron Aron­ov with the support of Leviev and ib extended, busi­ness­man Dan­iel Rose, beckons visitors into an­other world, one in which the epicenter of life was the courtyard of the house, where fruit trees canopied large wooden beds used for eating, sleeping and socializing and samo­vars perched on essays tables. Aronov waves a wicker fan—a bodbezanin a circular mo­tion and ib extended essays, explains that a bunch of dry grass that hangs on a wall was burned to protect against the evil eye. Rooms feature benches covered with vivid woven rugs; gold-embroidered wall hangings; robes of how to resume silk, magenta and gold called jomas ; and glittering kippot donned for special occasions. Ib Extended. A 400-year-old Torah scroll written on deerskin and hand-copied siddurim passed from grandfather to grandson evoke the that writes essays religious life of the community. “Whatever belongs to my people, I brought here,” says Aronov, who has been gathering artifacts, books and mus­ic for over 40 years and travels to Samarkand and Bukhara each year with the museum’s president, Yuriy Sadykov, to expand the col­lection. Aro­n­ov also teaches Bukharian customs and cook­ing at the Teen Lounge of the Jewish Child Care Association. Another room in the museum is dedicated to the Russian and Muslim environment. A red velvet banner em­­broidered with Cyrillic words declares: “The proletariat of all the countries of the world, unite!”

“In my hands there should have been a Sefer Torah but the ib extended essays Soviets took it and gave me this banner,” says Aronov. “Our fathers almost gave up. They were afraid that keeping the Jewish tradition would bring trouble to the family…. Song Has Antithesis. But our mothers continued the tradition. If there was no kosher meat, we ate no meat. Essays. On Yom Kippur, they urged us to how to resume, fast. On our fathers’ yorzeits , they told us to ib extended, go to how to resume, the synagogue and say Kaddish.” Malakov, who left Tashkent in 1992, credits his mother for passing on the Bukharian musical heritage; she listened in when her father taught her brothers and essays, recorded the oral tradition before she died in 1985.

With funding from Leviev, Malakov recently published a notated songbook with seven CDs titled Musical Treasures of the song has antithesis Bukharian Jewish Community . He teaches the melodies to students at Beth Gavriel and to his 16 grandchildren when they gather on Shabbat. The Bukharians are proud of their music, especially the classical folk style called shashmaqam (“six volumes”) they were instrumental in developing. At the home of Ilyas Malayev, Maqam’s musical director who passed away last May, traditional Bukharian hand-held drums and stringed instruments adorned the living room wall: violin, oud, tamboura, sitar, tar, sato, saaz, doi­ra. The ensemble performs worldwide, even playing Carnegie Hall with Yo-Yo Ma, and is planning a ser­ies of concerts in Malayev’s memory. Alongside the nostalgia and at­tempts at ib extended, preservation, the college degree justice science write community is exercising newfound American savvy to raise its profile. Last October, a group of 70 Bukharian leaders met with senators and congressmen on Cap­itol Hill. “The senators said, ‘Stay what you are and be good Americans,’” recalls Yehoshua. “Every immigrant has the dream to melt into ib extended, society. Just to talk about religion per se is not enough. To maintain our identity, it’s important to enhance self-esteem and give people pride in who they are.”

While the Bukharians often present a united front, internal power strug­gles have spawned charges of corruption. Cynthia Zalisky, executive director of the Queens Jewish Community Council, says the Bu­kha­r­ians’ insularity and Soviet-bred distrust of government make it a chal­lenge to integrate them into the larger communal structure. But, Bu­khar­ians are the future of Queens and a major com­ponent for Jewish continuity. “How many Ash­ke­na­zic synagog­ues are merg­ing be­cause of college justice master science attrition?” she asks. “The Bu­khar­ians are building new ones.” Like many immigrant communities, Bukharians face difficulties straddling the old and new. Most prefer not to ib extended essays, talk publicly about the problems of acculturation: assimilation, intermarriage, divorce, domestic violence, alcoholism and water essays, drug abuse. “There are two distinct financial populations: the extremely wealthy and the extremely poor,” says Zalisky. “There is no middle class yet.” Her agency provides legal and social services, including assistance with medical insurance, a ko­sher food pan­try, afterschool programs for at-risk youth and counseling. Close-knit as they are, familial tensions do arise, Zalisky says. “The kids want to be American and chuck the whole Old World identity, and the grandparents want to ib extended, hold onto it strongly. How To Resume. The parents are working hard and are caught in the middle.”

Some men, frustrated with their inability to ib extended essays, replicate careers here, turn to reflection essays, alcoholism, even abuse. Marriage and parenting work­shops and couples’ evenings focus on breaking the cycle of domestic violence, says Zalisky. Within the community, an arm of the Bukharian Jew­ish Congress called Esther Hamalkah works to promote women’s health, says its president, Dr. Zoya Maksumova, 60, a ra­di­ologist and editorinchief of the ib extended essays Russian-language Ladies World magazine. “In Bukharian families, the man is the main person, but in this country, the woman integrates better,” she says. Water Essays. “She goes to work, starts to support her family and husband…and finds it easier to start a new life. Unfortunately, in some families men cannot stand it, get de­pressed and there are problems.” Still, she notes that Bukharian divorce and abuse rates are the same as those in most communities in the United States. Maksumova had to ib extended, overcome im­mense odds. Song Has Antithesis. When she emigrated from Tajik­istan in essays 1990, she began studying for medical recertification. Her husband passed away after a year, leaving her with two children to raise and song has antithesis, no job (she remarried four years ago). Neither her daughter, who has a master’s degree in art and textile design, nor her son, who is in business administration, is married. “I want them to mar­ry only Bukharian,” she says, pointing out that several groups and informal networks are dedicated to Bu­kharian matchmaking.

Levitin, a self-described free spirit who urges equality between men and women, lives outside the community—in Great Neck, Long Island—and belongs to a non-Bukharian Conservative synagogue where she recently became an ib extended, adult bat mitzva. Yet she is still connected to the Bukharian community. Critical Reflection. She founded World of Women Immigrants, which offers workshops on health and self-improvement. She also delivers groceries from the Queens Jewish Community Coun­cil to 30 to 50 Bukharian families every month. “I can see changes in ib extended the younger generation,” she says. “How much they want to stay linked to college master, the community depends on ib extended essays what kind of song has antithesis family background they come from, their religious and academic orientation and essays, where they live.” Levitin’s younger daughter, Arlene, 24, lives at home and is studying law. Her older daughter, Anya Barak, 27, is writes for you, a child psychologist who helps with her mother’s organization. “Within the broader Jewish context, my Bukharian identity gives me a specificity,” says Barak, noting that she considers herself both Bukharian and American. At her wedding to Ashkenazic Danie Barak in 2003, their traditions merged. He wore a kittel and a Bukharian kippa , and American and Bukharian music played alternately. Levitin gave Danie and his father jomas as gifts and ib extended, brought others that were passed around and worn during the ethnic dancing. Critical Reflection. “My in-laws got a huge kick out of it,” Barak says. Ib Extended. “The Bukharian families were like, ‘same old, same old.’ But they were happy to see how well American Jews took to our traditions.” Though she did not have a poitach , a women’s get-together with feasting, dancing, singing, tell­ing jokes—usually about mothers-in-law—one of her sheva berakhot was in criminal master write a Bukharian catering hall. Barak says she is ib extended essays, not typical because she did not grow up in the Queens community and was educated in the Conservative movement.

To the next generation, she would like to water essays, pass on “customs and foods–—like bakhsh, our version of cholent—Friday night meals, our music and dancing,” she says. Essays. “That will give my children a sense of who their mother’s family is.” The Bukharian Jewish global portal, www.BJews.com, hopes to for elephant essays, perpetuate that continuity while helping its members and visitors integrate into American life. The site, begun in 1998, has expanded into a veritable encyclopedia with history, culture, dating forums and more. It has also branched out into a leadership organization, the Association of Bukharian Jewish Youth (Achdut, or Unity), with about 100 members ages 16 through 35, according to Imanuel Rybakov, its president. Rybakov, 24, emigrated from Tashkent in 1999.

He now lives with his family in Rego Park, Queens, while studying finance and economy at Queens College, teaches Bukhori at the BJCC and assists Aronov at ib extended, the museum. “I cannot forsake the scarlet hook Bukharian culture,” he explains. Ib Extended Essays. “My great-grand­­parents and ancestors were leaders of the community…. The Soviet system wanted to justice thesis, deprive us of our culture. We immigrated here to keep our traditions and essays, religion.”